Tomodachi Life-Finally For American, Europe !

Smg2daisy

Star Spirit
MarioWiki
Smg2daisy

I laughed a lot from this. Just, epic.

I'm speechless, this is amazing. certainly not a normal Nintendo direct, but it's just hilarious

I need gifs of basically everything in this because it's that great

'All hail the Virtual Boy'

I've been wanting Tomodachi Collection to be localized ever since I saw NWR's translation of this thing from Yoshio's Sakamoto GDC 2010 presentation. They couldn't have kept the crazy better.

iMes5kkNnjZ13.gif

THANK YOU BASED GAF

as far as the localisation goes, top notch. The amount of weirdness they put in that direct is sure to attract some attention.

edit: just finished watching the rest of it, Bill Trinen is mai husbando I need this so badly.

edit2: here's the European one for reference. Not much different aside from Trinen being replaced by Shibata.

YES! YES! YES!

I can't wait! And it's coming out in the Summer too!? Yeeeeaaaah!!!!!!!!

Hotaru Tomoe said:
saw the direct
best thing ever
i've already cleared up my mii maker to make space for whatever miis i'd like to put in
actually I believe you can just make the miis directly in-game in case you don't have enough space

also please gaze in awe at the second most amazing gif to come out of this direct

iQPIwut25dSgP.gif

beautiful

ahahahaha all hail the virtual boy lol

I'm not sure if I want this though. It seems fun, but it also seems like it might get boring after a while since you can't directly control anything, from what I understand.

It looks like a really quirky and nice game. I was laughing during the Samus getting asked out part because it was so ridiculous.

But, I'll pass. It looks really fucking hilarious and has a lot of personality but it doesn't look like fun, if that makes any sense.

ALL HAIL THE VITUAL BOY! o/ o/

Srsly though, what is this? A dating game with Miis?

I am totally in for this.

Tomodachi Life is kind of hard to explain. You will have to see gameplay of it. I recommend watching Linandko's streams of the Japanese version which is called Tomodachi Collection New Life.

In fact, this is actually a sequel to an unreleased DS game, Tomodachi Collection. Don't fear that you are missing out on anything though. The 3DS sequel is pretty much and updated version of the DS game.

chillv said:
Tomodachi Life is kind of hard to explain. You will have to see gameplay of it. I recommend watching Linandko's streams of the Japanese version which is called Tomodachi Collection New Life.

In fact, this is actually a sequel to an unreleased DS game, Tomodachi Collection. Don't fear that you are missing out on anything though. The 3DS sequel is pretty much and updated version of the DS game.
omg, LinandKo are one of my favorite youtubers <3

I was totally get this if I had a 3DS. It's like a third-person version of Animal Crossing.

all hail the virtual boy

Lakituilveloce said:
This thing is hilarious.

Also screw Vocaloid, we have a voice singing synthesizer right here.
your avi for this thread is genuinely creepy :lakitu:

also foly huck this game

Okay, I think I can explain this game now.

Basically, you take your Miis (or you make one in game), give them their own unique personality by taking a quiz and set the many options for their voice. Then, you put them into a apartment.

As for the gameplay, it's based around constantly checking on them and helping with their "worries". The worries can be anything. It could be that they lost something, love someone, want to be freinds with someone, hungry, need new clothing or even want you to play with them. As you fulfil their worries, it will fill their happiness meter. When their happiness meter is filled completely, they will level up. Each time they level up, you can give them a gift that they can use. The challenge to some of these worries is that it is actually possible to not fulfil them. For example, when they want new clothing, if you give them something they don't like, their happiness meter may fall. It's kind of like Tamagotchi, except less boring, they don't leave or die and you don't necessarily have to look after them like with Animal Crossing. You can leave the game alone for a long time and go back with no penalty. Beyond the regular gameplay, certain other things will happen inside and outside of the apartment.

Let me explain some of the things that were shown in the trailer. I will hide this in a spoiler because these can be considered spoilers for some.

*Mr. Iwata playing with cat* *Reggie punching a punching bag* *Mr. Iwata playing with a computer* *Miyamoto playing a guitar* *Four of them playing Wii U*

These are actually examples of the gifts you can give your mii characters when they level up. Occasionally, you will see them using their gifts as when you check on them

*Iwata and others playing Heavy Metal*

Funny enough, this is also a gift you can give your miis when they level up. It comes in the form of sheet music. A button will appear with music note on it and you can do a performance with them. You can even change the lyrics.

*Reggie talking to Miyamoto and Iwata saying "Sometimes I feel I can't compete with Bill"

During a certain time, guys will come to the cafe to talk and stuff. There is also a time for girls too.

*Iwata and Reggie fighting. throwing stuff* *Reggie and Bill fighting over a teddy bear*

These are examples of drama that can happen inside the apartment

*Bill and Iwata skateboarding* *Bill and Reggie in a rap battle* *Bill and Reggie on a roller coaster*

These are examples of things that can happen outside of the apartment

*Iwata singing in the bathtub*

One of the worries miis will have is that they want to take a bath. You will have to give them a bath kit to do so

*People walking in a circle shouting "all hail the virtual boy"* *Mii heads peeping out of the water*

These are actually dreams that Miis can have. Depending on the dream and what is shown in it, you will get an item from it. In the case of "all hail the virtual boy", you will probably have gotten a virtual boy that you can give to someone to play.

*Weird sceneries such as an office, game collection, western desert. storm, grass hilly field, outer space and campsite*

Funny enough, these are not places. They are interior designs for each mii's apartment room. There are many different interior designs like this.

Back