Tyrell Badd

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Gamefreak75
In the Direct, Sakurai mentioned that some stages might have bosses, such as the Wily Castle having the Yellow Devil and Pyrosphere having not-confirmed-until-Sakurai-says-so-Ridley.

What other stages do you guys think might have bosses? Like, I doubt stages like Skyloft would have a boss since it'd make no sense because there was no boss on Skyloft, but what do you guys think?

If we get some kirby return to dreamland stage we could expect one of the bosses there.

For 3DS, I think Koume and Kotake are Gerudo Valley stage hazards, but perhaps they're actually bosses? Aside from that, Dark Emperor on the Find Mii stage for sure.

For Wii U, I'm thinking Bowser Jr. or some other Galaxy boss (perhaps Dino Piranha) on the Mario Galaxy stage, but I seriously hope it doesn't have any bosses, the stage is cool enough by itself. A Pikmin Boss on the Garden of Hope seems logical.

Ira Gamagoori said:
What other stages do you guys think might have bosses? Like, I doubt stages like Skyloft would have a boss since it'd make no sense because there was no boss on Skyloft, but what do you guys think?

At the same time, while it is moving around the stage, it could go into Silent Realm mode and have those guardians that scare the living hell out of you as bosses you can battle.

Though, if there was a guardian, let alone a silent realm section of the stage, he probably would have hinted at that a little earlier. Still would be cool to kill those heart-attack givers, but the odds of that are very slim.

With that Elite Four Stage, we might have a Pokemon boss - maybe a Mega Gardevoir - but I doubt it.

Ulrich said:
With that Elite Four Stage, we might have a Pokemon boss - maybe a Mega Gardevoir - but I doubt it.

Nah, I was thinking a similar thing. I think that the Kalos E4 Chambers would replace the generic Pokemon Stadiums the Smash Bros keep getting and when in a certain chamber, a specific Pokemon (or a few specific Pokemon) are present and can harm or help the player. For example, when in Wikstrom's room, there could be an Aegislash, a Noivern for Drasna, Talonflame for Malva, etc.

First of all, I think that they could reinvent New Pork City, and possibly make the Ultimate Chimera a stage boss, rather than just a gimmick.
Stages;boss;explanation
Bowser's castle;Switching Koopalings;With the Koopalings returning in Mario Kart, it could be a good idea to include the Koopalings in the new games.
King Boo's Illusion;King Boo;With the somewhat recent release of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, I think it could be promoted with a new Luigi's Mansion stage
Bowser's Snow Fort;Mizzter Blizzard;I thought with the game Paper Mario: Sticker Star out, it could use some promotion.
World 2 Fort (Yoshi's New Island);Count Fang;I felt that Count Fang could make a good boss in this game (Not to mention this represents Yoshi's New Island)
Donkey Kong's Island (Tropical Freeze);Lord Fredrik;I felt that this guy could really do some good for SSB4
(these are only my Mario Stage ideas)

I disagree!
Stage bosses are very appealing to me for many reasons, and among those are the fact that bosses offer interesting new possibilities and become a important part of the smash game. I believe that these are farm more interesting and promising then some of the gimmicks seen in previous stages.
Bulbin in: the bridge of elden
Destroyable objects in: Warioware
Attacking Bulborbs: Distant planets
Ultimate Chimaera in: New Pork city
Palkia, Dialga, and Cresselia in: Spear pillar
Whispy Woods: Green Greens
And would also be good if they had
Pokemon stadium with pokemon that appear and are bosses.
And we also kinda have the cook boss in Flat Zone 2

Back