Rusty's Real Deal Baseball

chillv

9-Volt must be my video game counterpart.
I tried out the free portion of the game and I like it. However, this is mostly because of my fascination with baseball and sports.

I don't really care that the game is basically a microtransaction machine.

One thing that really intrigues me is the story. It's very fun and engaging.

I might buy some of the games when I get my allowance.

So, have any of you played the demo? Bought and played the games? What do you guys think?

I haven't played it but I'm interested due to it being apparently developed by Nintendo SPD 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtSaiMEz3dY

Oh, that trailer. That music! (The song is from the minigame Cage Match)

I can't wait to get some money to buy some of these minigames

http://rustysrealdealbaseball.nintendo.com/#

What's this? A game with microtransactions that actually ENCOURAGES paying less for content? Nintendo knows where it's at! ;)

But yeah, looks fun. If I didn't already have a billion games to play at the moment, I'd totally pick it up and try it out.

Smashgoom202 said:
What's this? A game with microtransactions that actually ENCOURAGES paying less for content? Nintendo knows where it's at! ;)

But yeah, looks fun. If I didn't already have a billion games to play at the moment, I'd totally pick it up and try it out.

No, the games are treated as if they are DLC on your account, so they aren't microtransactions (You aren't paying for something that's not already built into the game). From what I see, they wanted to make paying for the game into a game with quirky dialogue and a story the unfolds as you buy each game. After buying all of the games, the game is $16 plus tax. That's less than half the amount you would spend for buying them full price.

I've bought and played four of the games so far and I will give my opinions on them.

Bat & Switch
This minigame is quite fun and challenging, it comes with a ton of difficult challenges and two endless modes. Turning 3D on is actually helpful for this game because you can judge distance way better. The music that plays is very good and has a baseball feel to it.

Cage Match
This game is all about good timing and eye focus. It works similar to Bat & Switch, but it is different in it's own way. Apply what I said about Bat & Switch here too. The music has a somewhat exercisish, techno theme going on that works very well.

Make the Call
This is a game about umpiring. As the difficulty increases, it becomes harder to decipher pitches. The music has a baseball feel to it, but also has that techno feel to it too and works very well. My only complaint is that it doesn't have you calling anything outside of the people at bat. For example, you won't be calling home runs, singles, doubles, double plays etc.

Bat Making
This game allows you create your very own bat for the games like Cage Match and Bat & Switch. It's cool, but it requires a lot of precision to create a good bat.

Also, the haggling is kind of funny too.

Back