The Incredibles 2 & Cars 3 announced

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
http://www.hypable.com/2014/03/18/incredibles-2-cars-3-disney-announcement/

On the one hand, I'm so disappointed that Pixar has now gone full-on sequel mode and doesn't even seemed to be ashamed of it. And that whole "we'll make a sequel if we have a good story for it" mentality they USED to have is BS now, given how lame Cars 2's story was. The fact that there's going to be a fucking Cars 3... I used to say it's okay, so long as they use the money from the movies to fund their actually worth while project, but honestly, if those other projects are just more fucking sequels, then fuck it!

...That being said, it's about dang time they made a sequel to The Incredibles. I wonder if it'll ignore the video game, which takes place directly after the first movie.

I would've probably made separate Threads for each, but *shrugs*

I will not be seeing Cars 3. I have not even seen Cars 2, and I don't plan to, and Cars 1 was meh for me.

BUT, the Incredibles 2, I will see. I have been waiting a long time for this. I just hope they don't screw up like they did with Monsters University.

Well, Pixar has officially lost any form of artistic integrity that they used to have. Why can't they just give the Cars brand to Disney itself? It made Planes, after all. Who on EARTH in Pixar would actually want to work on a new Cars movie???

Incredibles 2 at least makes sense, because we have all the elements of a franchise. I just hope they don't
1. Add a love interest character to one of the kids, and have that be their only personality trait.
2. Have the movie focus on Bob's egotism now that he's in the spotlight again.
3. Give the characters completely different personalities from the last movie. Especially the kids.

Unfortunately, I don't have any high hopes anymore. What I want for Incredibles 2 is for it to talk about the mixed reaction to Supers coming back - like some people want them but others remember why they were forced into secret in the first place. And the story would basically be about how the Incredibles try to not repeat the past mistakes. And maybe it could also be about how superheroes and supervillains really aren't that different.

Ooh, that's a good idea! Have a former Super come back in the spotlight as a supervillain who wants to take revenge on the people who distrusted him and forced him into normal life. And it could be a parallel about how Bob wanted to desperately relive the glory days in the original movie.

Pixar, please listen to me! Please?

Incredibles did set itself up for a sequel with the ending. Wonder whether that'll be a plot point.

Pretty hyped for Incredibles 2 (as long as the underminer isn't made the main villain). As for Cars 3 I enjoyed the fist one, two sucked though so i'm not really sure how to feel about a third one being made.
Purple Yoshi said:
Give the characters completely different personalities from the last movie
Personally I do NOT want that to happen.

Xanthium said:
Cars sucked. It made me cry with horror. Cars 2 made me consider suicide. Cars 3 might kill me.
please don't throw around suicide that trivially. thank you.

anyway, can't say i'm very excited for cars 3. of all of the movies they want to make a trilogy out of, cars seems like the worst choice (except maybe a bug's life; can't remember that very well.) cars always seemed like a standalone movie to me, but i guess that's just pixar for you

incredibles 2 i'll trust that they do well, but that's just me being optimist

anyway, for those who don't know, pixar also decided to rerelase The Incredibles and Ratatouille (the two Pixar movies directed by Brad Bird) in 3D. i'll admit The Incredibles would look great in 3D, but after this happens A Bug's Life, Cars, and Wall-E will be the only pixar movies not to be released in 3D and that kinda worries me...

i'm not sure what to expect from the incredibles, because i always thought it was great as it is and a sequel might ruin it. or make it better. who knows.

i'd honestly rather see something new from pixar than an incredibles sequel, but w/e

cars 3 though is just evidence that they're stupid and still believe that that franchise is a good one. i didn't really dislike cars 2 (it was okay, i guess) but after the epic failure of planes i don't know why they're continuing with that series

but planes wasn't a pixar movie... nor was it a failure, it earned four times its budget

Don't really care about Cars. I thought the first one was ok and I liked the second one but I don't think we need Cars 3. I am excited for the Incredibles 2 though. It was a big part of my childhood and I watched it a lot along with Lilo and Stitch. I wonder if they'll follow on from the end of the movie. I know the Rise of the Underminer game does but I've never finished that game.

from what i've gathered from the wikipedia summary of the game, the underminer plot isn't really movie material (unless pixar wants to make their worst movie ever), so i think they'll go with a different plot

小龙怪 said:
Oh yeah, have Dash going from an energetic, boiterous personality to a dull, depressed one. Yeah, let's totally give them completely different personalities. [/sarcasm]

You'd be surprised. They could do it, and just use the excuse that "he's growing up". Like, make him the angsty teen instead of Violet. If there is a time gap, that is.

But really, all it will do is show us that the new staff have no idea what the original personalities were supposed to be. And probably don't care.

Cars 3?

Now they're just trying to suck as much money out of that as they can.

I won't judge it just yet because they could surprise us with something that is better than Cars 2, but we'll see.

As for the Incredibles, I do believe they deserve a sequel.

BMB said:
Cars 3?

Now they're just trying to suck as much money out of that as they can.

I won't judge it just yet because they could surprise us with something that is better than Cars 2, but we'll see.
I think they've been doing that for like 7 years

The opinions in here are just so ______ that I can't even really begin to reply how I want because I don't want to shit this thread up with explaining that just because you may not like Cars (or Planes or whatever) does not mean that other people also don't, because obviously it's getting enormous profits through movies and merchandise and whatever else and I have absolutely no idea how this warrants the amazing negative comments about Pixar like how can you even say it's lost it's artistic integrity because they're making a movie you personally don't like like how dare they make money as a company like wow do you even idk whatever.

But anyways, really looking forward to The Incredibles 2 because I really like superpower things and enjoyed the first movie. Really hoping they do more with Violet. Not a fan of Cars because simply I don't like cars and I absolutely cannot stand the fact that Larry the Cable Guy even has a career like holy shit.

It's probably gonna be stuff with Jack, especially since the end of the first movie implied he's HORRIBLY POWERFUL.

lool pixar suckstheyre making a sequel what a bunch of money whores>

I can circlejerk too.

Incredibles was a good movie, I used to watch it a lot when I was younger. I liked Cars, it was a solid movie. Cars 2 was average, the plot was really different from what the first movie did and that isn't necessarily a bad thing, it was just poorly executed.

I'm not much of a movie person anyway so whatever. I like it or I don't, I never go out of my way to watch one unless it's literally right there for me to watch.

i think people are just expecting more from pixar now because disney kinda surpassed them by releasing frozen

pixar's going to really have to work hard to beat frozen. i think the only pixar movie i rank above frozen is up, because up is absolutely wonderful

Howl said:
Xanthium said:
Cars sucked. It made me cry with horror. Cars 2 made me consider suicide. Cars 3 might kill me.
please don't throw around suicide that trivially. thank you.

anyway, can't say i'm very excited for cars 3. of all of the movies they want to make a trilogy out of, cars seems like the worst choice (except maybe a bug's life; can't remember that very well.) cars always seemed like a standalone movie to me, but i guess that's just pixar for you

incredibles 2 i'll trust that they do well, but that's just me being optimist

anyway, for those who don't know, pixar also decided to rerelase The Incredibles and Ratatouille (the two Pixar movies directed by Brad Bird) in 3D. i'll admit The Incredibles would look great in 3D, but after this happens A Bug's Life, Cars, and Wall-E will be the only pixar movies not to be released in 3D and that kinda worries me...
Cars was good. Cars two was a james bond rip off. Cars 3 may surprise us. I haven't seen Planes yet.

Smashgoom202 said:
http://www.hypable.com/2014/03/18/incredibles-2-cars-3-disney-announcement/

On the one hand, I'm so disappointed that Pixar has now gone full-on sequel mode and doesn't even seemed to be ashamed of it. And that whole "we'll make a sequel if we have a good story for it" mentality they USED to have is BS now, given how lame Cars 2's story was. The fact that there's going to be a *bleep*ing Cars 3... I used to say it's okay, so long as they use the money from the movies to fund their actually worth while project, but honestly, if those other projects are just more *bleep*ing sequels, then *bleep* it!

...That being said, it's about dang time they made a sequel to The Incredibles. I wonder if it'll ignore the video game, which takes place directly after the first movie.
Well some sequels prove to be the best choice other are...um, questionable.
I think Disney did right with the Monsters Inc prequel.
Cars however um...I wouldn't say it was as good as the original but it's respectable.

I felt the Incredibles deserved a sequel. And another good thing is? Brad Bird is a writer for the Incredibles sequel. That's great.

As for Cars 3......... :rolleyes: sounds like a cynical cash grab to me

Back