Confirmed Newcomers for SSB4

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Since people keep using the Characters confirmed to return in SSB4 for newcomers, I figure I should make a thread like this to avoid further mishaps like that.

As the title says, this thread is for discussing the newest playable characters in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS; this includes speculation on movesets and general praising (or complaining) of new additions.

Confirmed Newcomers:
Villager (Animal Crossing)
Mega Man (Mega Man)
Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit)
Rosalina & Luma (Mario)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)
Greninja (Pokémon)
Mii Fighters (Wii, 3DS, Wii U, and apparently Super Smash Bros.)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
Lucina (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Robin (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Yes, this will be updated should more newcomers be revealed. I usually stay on top of things like this. Oh, and this is for characters who are NEW to the Super Smash Bros. series as PLAYABLE CHARACTERS. Confirmed veterans and non-playable characters don't apply.

Odd how the 2 newcomers I want to play as the most (Villager and Mega Man) might end up being the fairly difficult to use.

All-in-all, I'm pleased with what we have so far.

Randy Cunningham said:
Odd how the 2 newcomers I want to play as the most (Villager and Mega Man) might end up being the fairly difficult to use.

All-in-all, I'm pleased with what we have so far.
Honestly, compared to Rosalina, they seem pretty straight-forward.

wether they're straight forward or not is something we'll see when we actually get to play the game.

I just hope megaman doesnt suck ass like he does in most fighting games.

Little Mac looks like the difficult character, what with his poor aerial game.

To be honest, the choices Sakurai is making with this is questionable.

Like, why would you separate two forms of a character that were originally together? (Samus-Zero Suit Samus/Zelda-Shiek). I feel it is unnecessary.

Also, only letting Olimar carry three Pikmin? Sakurai, it seems you want to make shortcomings rather than fix them. Also, he already has a weakness, the Pikmin can't live forever and that is pretty much his only way of attacking.

chillv said:
To be honest, the choices Sakurai is making with this is questionable.

Like, why would you separate two forms of a character that were originally together? (Samus-Zero Suit Samus/Zelda-Shiek). I feel it is unnecessary.

Also, only letting Olimar carry three Pikmin? Sakurai, it seems you want to make shortcomings rather than fix them. Also, he already has a weakness, the Pikmin can't live forever and that is pretty much his only way of attacking.

well for the transformation thing that kinda wasted a special attack slot and its just simpler to have a characteter slot.

this was even worse for samus and zss because if you sucked with samus and was good with zss you couldnt do a whole lot with the smashball then because you would transform into a character you would suck with.

as for olimar i can agree, but there it is also possible the pikmin have more health and do more damage as well.

All in all it just depends on when we get the games, for all we know this all works out and olimar could be a beast.

Shiek's useless moves (chain and transform) are gone now, so this is a good change for people who like Sheik. Some people are probably gonna miss switching to Zelda for that better recovery though.

Greninja looks like a good water attacker, finally. Mario and Squirtle sucked in Brawl.

You know, I am kind of glad they went with Greninja instead of Mewtwo. Like, I can tell that Greninja just seems like a better fighter, and more natural in SSB, than Mewtwo.

Smasher said:
I'm just going to lay out my exact thoughts when I saw the trailer at the end of the Super Smash Bros. Direct...

So I'm watching this and I'm like "Oh, cool, Charizard's back... I guess he's all alone this time, since Sakurai said there will be no switching characters mid battle, meaning no Pokémon Trainer... I guess this means Squirtle and Ivysaur won't be returning... But are they really giving a trainer to a returning veteran?" Then the trailer goes on, some awesome stuff happens, and then we see that figure in the shadows charging up something, and I'm like "holy crap, is that Mewtwo, oh gosh I hope it's Mewtwo!" The battle continues, Mario and Charizard are about to clash, then...

Some blue shuriken cuts them off... some ninja thing turns out to be what was in the shadows... I had a hard time trying guess what it was... until it's revealed that Greninja is will be a new fighter. And I'm like:

"Um... what?"

Like, seriously, I did NOT see this choice coming at all! A lot of people says it makes sense seeing as he's a generation 6 Pokémon and a popular one at that, but... Well, I cannot think of a single solitary person who wanted to see any generation 6 Pokémon playable. Hell, even a Kalos Pokémon Trainer wasn't that high compared to other Pokémon Trainers (Hoenn in particular). Not to mention, Greninja... Well, I'm trying to think of other popular Pokémon, because honestly, aside from being a fully evolved starter, I can't think of anything that notable about him; he's not prominently featured in the anime, he's not in any movies... I mean, am I the only one who thinks this or is it just me? Literally, the only reason I can think for a choice like this is because Greninja is simply a cool choice and has the best moveset form generation 6 Pokémon to work with...

...Because yeah, Greninja definitely looks like a flipping awesome fighter! Hell, I chose Froakie as my starter so of course Ilove Greninja! His movesey revolving around speed, plus all of his awesome ninja moves, it just looks like a blast to play as him! Plus I like to think he's the perfect rival for Charizard, who's more based around raw power and fire as opposed to speed and water. Oh, and Mega Charizard X evolution, badass.

Back