Which game should i get?

Icow

Goomba
I have a wii, and i got Super Mario Galaxy.
I was gonna get another game but i'm between three:
Super Mario Galaxy 2
New. Super Mario Bros Wii
Super Paper Mario

Any ups or downs on each? I'm a casual gamer, not a extreme one.

People would probably say "Don't get Galaxy 2", but I think that's just because it's just like Galaxy with a few new levels or something like that. I dunno. Can't speak from experience there.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii is pretty good, honestly; The Koopalings returned, and if you've played the original New Super Mario Bros. on DS, it is a bit different (at least to me), but not drastically.

Super Paper Mario is also good from what I've seen if you don't mind that it's a lot different from the previous Paper Mario games. It is not turn based, but the story is pretty great (and Bowser is not the main villain for once), and most of the characters are pretty funny at times. Like I said, though, it's a lot different from the original two Paper Mario's.

Overall, I'd say Super Paper Mario.

Any except for Super Mario Galaxy 2. It plays exactly alike to Super Mario Galaxy except with new levels. It's not worth your time.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a good choice

Same with Super Paper Mario.

my take on super paper mario;

Super paper mario isnt like the previous ones so dont expect badges, different stats to level up and such, you still level up though but its pretty minor. The gameplay is also a little bland for an rpg platformer, and some chapters are kind of boring. Game is also insanely easy.

Thats where it ends though, everything else about the game is fantastic, from four playable characters, a nice visual style, good story telling, and some fantastic music. Heck even the characters are enjoyable. Overall best story in the mario franchise without a doubt.

It's not a very long game mind you but it can be enjoyable.

I havent played smg2 so uh yeah

didnt play much of nsmbwii either.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii sucks. Get either Super Paper Mario or Super Mario Galaxy 2. Those are awesome games.

Baby Luigi said:
Any except for Super Mario Galaxy 2. It plays exactly alike to Super Mario Galaxy except with new levels. It's not worth your time.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a good choice

Same with Super Paper Mario.
If you really love Super Mario Galaxy, and you want to see practically the same game (which doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing, especially if you love the gameplay), Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a strong contender.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii is good, I guess, but not spectacular.

Super Paper Mario is good (I haven't played it, but if you have played Paper Mario N64 and Thousand-Year Door, don't expect the same game).

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the choice especially if you don't have Galaxy 1.
Super Paper Mario is an rpg which are more fun to watch others play than play yourself and that it is not a game where you develop anything, you have no Badges, no Flower Points, no Action Commands, no Detailed Partners, no Upgrades, no anything good.
New Super Mario Bros Wii is a New Super Mario Bros game, they all suck.

galaxy 2 I'd say
its not bad, regardless what people say

its basically just an expansion to galaxy

which is also why I don't get why people don't like it
especially the same people who like galaxy

Because it's just a rehash.

If SMG2 was the first game and the original was the second game, people would still complain about the sequel.

Galaxy 2 isn't a bad game, it's basically just more of the same thing. People wanted something new.

yeah super mario galaxy 2 is awful because all it gives you new levels, new features, new ways to play (etc), and the same stuff from the previous game that worked so well

...wait a minute there isn't a huge storm of people calling it an awful game here

what is this

(if you like galaxy 1 you should go for galaxy 2. nsmbw is good and spm is also good but i think smg2 is probably the best there.)

3D Player 2004 said:
Paper Mario: Sticker Star is an rpg which are more fun to watch others play than play yourself and that it is not a game where you develop anything, you have no Badges, no Flower Points, no Action Commands, no Detailed Partners, no Upgrades, no anything good.
fixed

Super Mario Galaxy 2: Cheap, and nowhere near as good as the first one, though I don't loathe it, like everyone else.
Super Paper Mario: It's simple platforming fun with an RPG twist. I like it, however if you're young, don't buy it, because the plot can get really dark.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii: See 2004's post.

Shadow said:
Super Paper Mario: It's simple platforming fun with an RPG twist. I like it, however if you're young, don't buy it, because the plot can get really dark.

It's not much worse than the knowledge that every block you break in Super Mario Bros. is a resident of the Mushroom Kingdom.

lmao yes, its SO DARK
man, I was playing bioshock at 9, I think a kid can take a mario game at any age

IKR :roll:

mario games aren't dark, spm or otherwise, even if you over-analyses them (which will make mario seem like a homicidal lunatic) they aren't dark

Back