Collab: Untested Glitches

Dashbot

BREEE
This Collab aims for testing and confirming glitches and adding resources to the glitch's pages.

How a glitch can be confirmed
  • A video: (preferable)
  • A screenshot:
  • A discussion: any user can confirm any glitch, however it won't get removed unless a resource was found.
Screenshot and videos from the console are better than screenshots and videos from emulators
Note that once the glitch is confirmed, the screenshot or the video can be taken from the emulator.
A Proposed feature
I guess creating a template with something like "This glitch is unconfirmed, it is unknown if it is real or fake" is a good idea. Or a template which adds something like this:

Mario's Super Jump[unconfirmed glitch]

Example of glitches needs confirming (this is not a list) (stroked glitches were confirmed but needs a resource)
  • Super Mario 64 (glitches page (List_of_glitches_in_Super_Mario_64))
    • Extra Lives Glitch
    • Flip'd-up Mario 3,4 and 5 glitches
    • Xylophone Music I tried it once (on a real console) and it worked (without the music), now it doesn't seem to work.
    • Reverse Long Jump Freeze
    • Changing Deaths
      • Snufit 'n Drown
    • Coin Through the Platform I remember seeing something like that, but not sure
    • Fake Cap same as above
    • Invisible Mario Glitch this is another story, I can confirm this, but is it a real glitch, or did Nintendo done this on purpose?
    • Jolly Roger Bay Teleport Glitch
    • Lose Cap Permanently
    • Mario Inside the Wall
    • To the Bottom of the Town
  • Donkey Kong 64 (glitches page (List_of_glitches_in_Donkey_Kong_64))
    • almost all of them
    • Bananaport Glitch: while it does have a screenshot, I never saw it in my game-play on the emulator or on youtube
  • Super Paper Mario (glitches page (List_of_glitches_in_Super_Paper_Mario))

I'm not sure if this is a glitch: After I play time trials on my Mario Kart Wii, opponent character icons on the map in other modes get even bigger than normal. The problem is that my Mario Kart Wii is modded so I can't really confirm this.

BTW, videos do really help capture sound glitches. Just pointing that out. But for some glitches, such as this thing:

799px-Baby_Man_Textures.png

Is definitely confirmed since it occurred to me on a console too.

was about to add more but i forgot what i was about to say

Baby Luigi said:
I'm not sure if this is a glitch: After I play time trials on my Mario Kart Wii, opponent character icons on the map in other modes get even bigger than normal. The problem is that my Mario Kart Wii is modded so I can't really confirm this.
Wow, I always thought that was a fault of my eyes. I guess it is true, but i can't quite remember.

What about the proposed template?

Kazooie said:
Baby Luigi said:
Wow, I always thought that was a fault of my eyes. I guess it is true, but i can't quite remember.

What about the proposed template?

I can post an example of what it looks like

It's a bit hard to tell, but if you compare, the opponent icons do increase in size

By the way, I think the template is a good idea

The bracket is better because it's less clunky

I want to take an image before I add it or even test it to see if it's just not hax doing it

Heh, I told you there was an increase in size

Kazooie said:
So, can any one confirm All Flip'd-up Mario glitches?
Do they really count as glitches? A glitch in a game is usually an odd occurrence in a game which was not intended by the developers under normal use, and tilting a cartridge does not count as normal use.

Also in regards to the Random Secret Cloud glitch:
g9ygwem.jpg

Full quality screenshots make my capture card show its true colors.

Although I think that could be the entrance to Wing Mario Over the Rainbow, where touching the cloud which is normally out of view from the player is what triggers the level to load?

SKmarioman said:
g9ygwem.jpg

Although I think that could be the entrance to Wing Mario Over the Rainbow, where touching the cloud which is normally out of view from the player is what triggers the level to load?
It could also be the Mirror room, where Lakitu is visible in the mirror, and that cloud is Lakitu's. I think Wing over the Rainbow is too far up to be visible.

SKmarioman said:
Do they really count as glitches? A glitch in a game is usually an odd occurrence in a game which was not intended by the developers under normal use, and tilting a cartridge does not count as normal use.
That was a proposal of mine. faild proposal to be exact. (Talk:List_of_glitches_in_Super_Mario_64#Remove_all_cartridge_tilting_glitches)

SKmarioman said:
g9ygwem.jpg

Excellent! I will try to get a higher quality image by emulator. This was stroked out =)

By the way, we will start focusing on the most glitchy game ever, Super Mario 64! the list in the first post. It is a long list..

If this was cleared then this article can be featured!

Back