SSB Wii U & 3DS big-time rumor

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
I was contemplating whether or not to make this a topic... If it turns out not to be true, go ahead and lock it, but until then...

So Ashley was confirmed as an Assist Trophy today... and what's strange about this is that this was "leaked" a few days ago:

http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/page-72

To give you a good idea, this was leaked January 10, 2014. Here's all the information that was translated:

Rosalina is the only Mario newcomer.
Waluigi and Toad were at once considered, but Waluigi remains an Assist Trophy, and Toad a move for Peach.
Bowser Junior, Paper Mario and Daisy were never considered. Bowser Junior was planned to be an Assist Trophy, but was scrapped.
Fawful is a new Mario Assist Trophy. He acts like Mr. Resetti, but will attack opponents at random.
Diddy Kong will be the next revealed veteran, to coincide with Tropical Freeze’s release date.
Diddy is paired with Dixie Kong as a tag-team, similar to Zelda and Sheik. Dixie has a separate moveset from Diddy, but it’s still being worked on.
King K. Rool is a newcomer, the heaviest character on the roster. He is powerful and can KO light characters with 2 good Smash Attacks. His final smash has him use the blunderbuss and fire cannonballs from the top of the screen while they fly in from the sides as well.
Gangplank Galleon is a stage.
There is a new Zelda character, although it’s kept a secret so far. The names heard most often are Tingle and Ghirahim.
Ganondorf will be buffed, although he still retains some of C. Falcon’s moves. He can equip a sword using his Down Special.
Chrom is a Fire Emblem necomer. He wields the Falchion, and does not replace Ike.
Chrom is expected to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the first Fire Emblem.
Lyn’s Assist Trophy from Brawl has been scrapped.
King Gangrel and Aversa are the new Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. Gangrel runs around slicing with his sword, while Aversa flies above using Aversa’s Night. They are the “unexpected” Assist Trophy.
No newcomers for Yoshi or Wario.
Wario’s overalls are now his default attire.
The Kat & Ana Assist Trophy has been scrapped.
Ashley from WarioWare is a new Assist Trophy.
Ridley is a newcomer, and is scaled down a bit. It was a major feat on the development team.
No new Star Fox characters.
Falco is farther away from being a Fox clone.
Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.
Villager has a female costume.
Mr. Resetti returns as an Assist Trophy.
Tom Nook is a new Assist Trophy. He apparently drops bells across the stage, which causes opponents to trip. (Due to Sakurai saying tripping is removed, it’s unknown if forced tripping, like this and Diddy’s bananas will return, or if only accidental tripping is removed.)
Palutena is a newcomer, with her moves based directly off Uprising.
Magnus is a new Assist Trophy, and acts similarly to Little Mac in Brawl.
All Pokemon veterans from Brawl return.
Mewtwo returns.
Mewtwo and Lucario have very different movesets.
No new Kirby characters.
Meta Knight will be revealed sometime in the summer of 2014.
No changes made to the EarthBound series.
All misc. characters return (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Ice Climbers)
Little Mac is a newcomer. He has the look from the Punch-Out!! reboot for the Wii.
The Male Wii Fit Trainer is indeed an alt. for Wii Fit Trainer.
Wii Fit Trainer has a butt attack. It is replaced by a headbutt for the male costume.
King Hippo is an Assist Trophy.
The Ghosts from Luigi’s Mansion are an Assist Trophy.
Snake returns.
Pac-Man will be the final newcomer. He is a secret character.

I probably wouldn't take these "leaks" seriously if Ashley wasn't confirmed... Then again, it could just be a lucky guess... Still, I'm going to pay close attention to what will be announced, to see if this really is true. Until then, speculate and comment away!

My thoughts, should this turn out to be true:

I'm okay with Rosalina being the only newcomer; it would feel like overkill to have too many Mario reps... then again, if this is true, there will, once again, be more Pokemon reps then Mario reps... Still, it's nice to at least see that Waluigi and Toad were considered. I still don't get why people would want to see Daisy playable... as for Paper Mario, yeah, he can lend himself to an interesting moveset, but I still gave a shameful chuckle when I heard he wasn't even considered. It's a real shame that Bowser Jr. was never considered to be playable, though.

Fawful... in 3D... I sincerely hope this is true.

The Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong swap-out idea is brilliant! No one will miss his banana toss move, plus we get Dixie Kong without having to take up a slot! Hearing King K. Roll is in this really makes me question if this is really true, along with a few other bits... but hearing that he's the heaviest and most powerful makes a lot of sense... AND his final smash sounds awesome!

A new Zelda character would be most welcome, and I would be glad to see either Ghirahim or even Tingle (no really!). Also, hearing that Ganondorf will at least be able to use a sword or have SOMETHING to change up his moveset is welcoming, as far as I'm considered.

Chrom is expected, though the fact that they say "he does not replace Ike" has me a little confused... does that mean Ike is still in the game, or that Chrom isn't a clone of Ike? Either way, that King Gangrel and Aversa assist trophy sounds awesome!

Shame to hear no newcomers for Yoshi or Wario, I could see Kamek being a Yoshi rep, and Captain Syrup being a Wario rep. Also a shame to hear Kat & Ana have been removed. Ah well. And I'm glad to hear that overalls Wario is Wario's default, I really prefer his classic look to his WarioWare look. Again, assuming all of this is true. Which again, since Ashley's been confirmed... you never know.

You know, even though I always stood my ground and said Ridley COULD work as a playable character, I do realize it would be a challenge. If this is true, I'm REALLY glad Sakurai and his team went the extra mile to make this happen!

Hearing that there are no new Star Fox characters is REALLY disappointing, especially considering Krystal was in my top 5 (even my top 3) newcomer choices. Hearing that they diversified Falco and Wolf is... nice to hear, I suppose.

A female Villager makes sense, seeing as we've seen a male Wii Fit Trainer. Mr. Resetti is my favorite Animal Crossing character, and hearing that Tom Nook is an assist trophy is cool, too. I can buy the idea that there are things that still make characters trip, rather then it just being a random occurrence.

This is another red flag that this might be fake. While I know there are a lot of people crowding behind Palutena as a playable character, I never really thought she'd be that good of a fit. Still, if this is true, I suppose I can accept it, though it makes me wonder what her final smash would be... Hearing Magnus is an assist trophy is awesome, though, he was my favorite character from that game!

Hearing that all of Brawl's Pokemon reps are returning is surprising... but great news. Again, if true. So is Mewtwo's return. I remember people saying that Lucario felt too much like a Mewtwo clone, so again, good to hear they're differentiating the characters more.

Not surprising to hear about any new Kirby characters. Same goes for EarthBound, despite really hoping to see other characters from that series. Hearing that all the one-off characters, such as Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and R.O.B. are returning is also surprising, but again, I like all three of those characters, so I'm glad regardless.

Oh I really hope this is true... The fact that he'll look like his Wii counterpart makes sense... I wonder if his Super Punch-Out!! counterpart will be an alternate costume... Also, King Hippo being an assist trophy... I have to wonder what that will look like...

Female butt attack vs. male headbutt... I have to wonder if they actually do any butt/headbutt things in Wii Fit. This also makes me think that this is fake. But if it's true, the really go all-out with different moves for different character models!

Snake returning is both expected and also a bit surprising... I wonder how he'll look this time around. And lastly, Pac-Man really makes me think this is fake. Again, not wanting to trample on anyone who wants to see Pac-Man in the game, but I just don't see how someone like Pac-Man would fit in Smash Bros.

Again, even if none of this is true, I still think it's a nice be of discussion worth having.

This sounds like more like somebodies wishlist than anything.

i refuse to believe rumors under any circumstances

though SOME of this stuff would be cool if it happened

I'm not getting my hopes up about any of that (although I want Ridley).

I'm hesitant to believe it because it pretty much has everything I want. Ridley, K. Rool, Little Mac, and Mewtwo returning. It's literally too good to be true in my book.

The problem with that list though is that no Brawl characters appear to be cut. Sakurai even stated that not all characters would return from Brawl.

Hesitant to believe this but I'd be happy if it true. Several of my wishlist characters (Dixie, K. Rool, Palutena, Ridley, Little Mac, Chrom) are listed, and there seems to be no cuts, which I also want.

Ganondorf said:
Sakurai even stated that not all characters would return from Brawl.

Didn't he just say "not all characters will return"? And if so doesn't that technically include the Melee cuts?

this probably isn't true, but i'll be damned if this isn't real/an insanely good fake

1389791974885.jpg

^That was posted in the main thread

I think it's fake because I could of sworn I've seen that Yoshi artwork before.

I also don't get some of the names, like for Villager or Olimar

it looks like Link's skyward sword artwork in his icon, tbh

i think rosalina's pretty much shows that someone just tried cropping her face

also, don't really understand why some words are in english but villager is in japanese

seems rather arbitrary

Vince McMahon said:
this probably isn't true, but i'll be damned if this isn't real/an insanely good fake

1389791974885.jpg
This is definitely fake. It's just too convenient that there are only two unconfirmed characters there. Yoshi's artwork is also reused. There's also no back button or ready to fight banner.

Ganondorf said:
Vince McMahon said:

1389791974885.jpg
This is definitely fake. It's just too convenient that there are only two unconfirmed characters there. Yoshi's artwork is also reused. There's also no back button or ready to fight banner.

Maybe they havn't implemented the Ready to Fight banner yet, and the back button is cut off probably

Mienfoo said:
Northern Verve said:
I could of sworn I've seen that Yoshi artwork before.
600px-Yoshiart5.png

Yeah, and since the other characters have new artwork, I think that image COULD be fake. COULD. Maybe they just haven't made the artwork yet.

Also, that Mewtwo looks pretty damn impressive. And maybe the rumored characters not shown are being implemented, and as such aren't there.

Also, i'll laugh if Ridley is actually a newcomer

Smash Bros. rumors are just a way for people to taunt others if you asked me. While some rumors could be true, others can easily be considered too suspicious to believe.

Elsa said:
also, don't really understand why some words are in english but villager is in japanese

seems rather arbitrary
Some others have their Japanese names (Rock Man, Koopa, Rosetta).

All I know is that it'd better say just "Olimar" like in Brawl, and it'd better say just "Rosalina" and not "Rosalina & Luma".

Why not give credit to the Pikmin and Lumas?

Pikmin do most of the fighting, and Luma looks like it's a big part of Rosalina's moveset.

The Doctor said:
Why not give credit to the Pikmin and Lumas?

Pikmin do most of the fighting, and Luma looks like it's a big part of Rosalina's moveset.

Although Olimar needs his Pikmin, Rosalina doesn't necessarily need to have a Luma around for her to properly use her attacks. Of course, the Luma does help Rosalina with her approach options.

Back