Super Mario Bros.: Revenge of the Koopa Troop

Fire Wario

I'm turnin' over a new leaf!
Seeing Smasher's Super Wiki RPG thread inspired me to make my own fangame. Of course, I tried to follow his example and use Game Maker, but when I got into the programming phase, I ended up LOSING MY MIND!!!!!! But then I found this program called Mario Builder, and I found it to be so much easier than Game Maker. With this software, I started a project called Super Mario Bros.: Revenge of the Koopa Troop. As the name implies, it sees the return of Bowser and his Koopalings, along with Boom Boom and the rest of the Koopa Troop. Once again, Princess Peach has been captured, and it's up to Mario to save her. Meanwhile, Bowser had the gall to take on our favorite antihero in Diamond Valley... and win. This gave him control over Wario's Castle, which he handed down to Lemmy Koopa while his brother Larry controls Peach's Castle, which Bowser has transformed with his dark magic. Not even Luigi and Waluigi get any peace, as Bowser sent King Boo to drive Luigi out of his mansion in Boo Woods and Waluigi out of his penthouse in Diamond City. Now Mario has more problems to contend with - retaking Peach's Castle, helping Luigi retake his mansion, helping Wario retake his castle, helping Luigi help Waluigi retake his penthouse, and rescuing Peach from Bowser. And he'll need YOUR help to do it all!

Here's everything I've got so far:

Playable Characters (only two)
-Mario (main hero) :mario:
-Luigi (owner of Luigi's Mansion) :luigi:

NPCs
-Toad (Toad House Operator)
-Princess Peach (damsel-in-distress and rightful ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom)
-Seven unnamed Toads (one for each castle prior to Dark Land)
-Yoshi (rideable)
-Multiple Yoshis in five colors

Main Villain

-Bowser (ruler of Dark Land and leader of the Koopa Troop) :bowser:

Off-Screen Characters

-Toadsworth (narrator)

-Wario (rightful ruler of Diamond Valley and owner of Wario's Castle) :wario:

-Waluigi (owner of Waluigi's Condo) :waluigi:

-Luma (speaks through the Hint Block messages in Rainbow Road in the Bonus World)

-Bowser Jr. (speaks through the Hint Block messages in Dark Land)

Bosses

Boom Booms

-Goom Boom (boss of Fort 'Shroom in the Mushroom Kingdom)

-Loom Boom (boss of Anubis Keep in the Gritzy Desert)

-Room Boom (boss of Hurricane Hold in the Sea Salt Isles)

-Gloom Boom (boss of Darkleaf Bastion in Boo Woods)

-Groom Boom (boss of Glacier Keep in the Frappe Snowland)

-Vroom Boom (boss of Fort Cox in Diamond Valley)

-Broom Boom (boss of Tempest Hold in The Sky)

-Doom Boom (boss of the Bastion of Fire in Dark Land)

-Boom Boom (boss of Boom Boom's Lair, the Dreadnought, the Doombringer, and the Devastator in Dark Land.)

Koopalings

-Larry Koopa (boss of Peach's Castle in the Mushroom Kingdom)

-Morton Koopa, Jr. (boss of Morton's Castle in the Gritzy Desert)

-Wndy O. Koopa (boss of Wendy's Castle in the Sea Salt Isles)

-Iggy Koopa (boss of Iggy's Castle in Boo Woods)

-Roy Koopa (boss of Roy's Castle in the Frappe Snowland)

-Lemmy Koopa (boss of Wario's Castle in Diamond Valley)

-Ludwig von Koopa (boss of Ludwig's castle in The Sky)

Other Bosses

-False Bowser (a dummy of Bowser and boss of the Grand Pyramid in the Gritzy Desert and Bowser's Yard in Dark Land)

-King Boo (appears as both a Big Boo and a False Bowser; boss of Luigi's Mansion in Boo Woods, Waluigi's Condo in Diamond Valley, and King Boo's Haunt in Dark Land)

-Kamek (assists Bowser, the boss of Bowser's Castle in Dark Land)

Worlds

Main Worlds

-Mushroom Kingdom: World 1

-Gritzy Desert: World 2

-Sea Salt Isles: World 3

-Boo Woods: World 4

-Frappe Snowland: World 5

-Diamond Valley: World 6

-The Sky: World 7

-Dark Land: World 8

Bonus Worlds

-Bonus World: World 9

-Warp Zone: World 0

Power-Ups

-Super Mushroom: Does what you'd expect... and for you simpletons, it makes Small Mario/Luigi grow into Super Mario/Luigi.

-Fire Flower: In case you forgot, it turns Mario/Luigi into Fire Mario/Luigi.

-Ice Flower: Turns Mario/Luigi into Ice Mario/Luigi.

-Superball Flower: Turns Mario/Luigi into Superball Mario/Luigi.

-Super Leaf: Turns Mario/Luigi into Raccoon Mario/Luigi.

-Tanooki Suit: Turns Mario/Luigi into Tanooki Mario/Luigi.

-Frog Suit: Turns Mario/Luigi into Frog Mario/Luigi.

-Hammer Suit: Turns Mario/Luigi into Hammer Mario/Luigi.

-Goomba's Shoe: Allows Mario/Luigi to stomp on enemies such as Spinies (cannot be used while riding Yoshi).

-Koopa Shell: Turns Mario/Luigi into Shell Mario/Luigi.

-Carrot: Turns Mario/Luigi into Rabbit Mario/Luigi.

-Starman Turns Mario/Luigi temporarily invincible (duh).

-Spark Flower: A fan-made power-up that turns Mario/Luigi into Spark Mario/Luigi.

-Bowser Shell: A fan-made power-up that turns Mario/Luigi into Bower-Shell Mario/Luigi.

-Fire Leaf: A fan-made power-up that turns Mario/Luigi into Fire Raccoon Mario/Luigi.

-Grenade Mushroom: A fan-made power-up that turns Mario/Luigi into Grenade Mario/Luigi.

Items

-!-Up Mushroom: Gives Mario/Luigi an Extra Life (duh).

-3-Up Moon: Gives Mario/Luigi three extra lives (double duh).

-Coins: Collecting 100 of these will give Mario/Luigi an extra life (triple duh).

-[wikiSilver Coins[/wiki]: These appear whenever Mario/Luigi hits a P-Switch.

-P-Switch: Makes Silver Coins appear.

-Springboard: Allows Mario/Luigi to jump higher.

-Yoshi Egg: Hatches into a Yoshi of a specific color.

-Key: Allows Mario/Luigi to open locked doors and use Keyhole exits.

-! Switch: Turns certain blocks solid depending on its color.

-? Ball: Dropped by Boom Booms, False Bowsers, and Morton, Roy, and Ludwig in Dark Land; needed to clear Fortresses, Tanks, Battleships, Airships, and the Grand Pyramid, Bowser's Yard, and the Flying Ghost Ship.

-Ace Coins: In Mario Builder games, they function similarly to the Dragon Coins in Super Mario World.

-Bomb: Found only by plucking vegetables.

-Boomerang Found only by plucking vegetables.

-Vegetable: A weapon from Super Mario Bros. 2.

-POW Block: In Mario Builder games, causes airborne Coins to fall to the ground.

-Mushroom Block: A weapon from Super Mario Bros. 2.

-Grab Block: A special kind of Block that can be picked up by Mario/Luigi or eaten and spat out by Yoshi.

-Shells: Worn by Koopa Troopas, Buzzy Beetles, Spinies, and Bombshell Beetles; all can be carried by Mario, Luigi or Yoshi, but only the first three can be kicked, while Bombshell Beetle shells explode after a certain period of time like Bombshell Koopa shells.

-Poison Mushroom: A power-down that either harms, shrinks, or kills Mario/Luigi depending of his current state; if Yoshi eats or collects one, Mario/Luigi will dismount while he scurries off.

I'll have the game's Userpedia page up tommorow. In the meantime, feel free to post replies.

Back