Hyrule Warriors

Shoko

Dry Bowser
Wiki Bureaucrat
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Shokora
New title announced in the Nintendo Direct for the Wii U. Revealed to be a cross between the Zelda and Warriors franchises. I really like the look of it.

Just got announced in the NDirect.

It's Zelda, but developed by TECMO KOEI, the creators of the Dynasty Warriors franchise.

basically it's a game where you run around and beat up hordes of pathetic enemies with your awesome magic powers

really? sounds awesome to me

it sounds like link is going to run around and just lay waste to massive hordes of moblins

relevant: fast forward in this video to 12:03

I'm busy nerding out over the small details.

This rendition of Hyrule closely resembles OoT's, but Castle Town and Hyrule Castle itself have both expanded greatly...this puts it between OoT and WW/TP in the timeline, if it's a canon game. This version of Link, whether it's a new one (which I'm vouching for, note the lack of the Master Sword) or Adult Link from either Adult or Child timeline, is wearing a pimping scarf that seems to denote a command ranking, because those Hylian soldiers are clearly fighting on his side.

So I'm thinking this General Link, as I'm going to call him, is this outrageous badass Link-at-War against the forces of the perpetual evil that seems to be in Hyrule.

I enjoyed the dynasty warriors games when I played them with a friend. Although it looks kind of ridiculous.

I wonder how similar it'll be to dynasty warriors though. If I played it now I might be able to understand it better than when I was 9 but it was still pretty confusing.

At least I don't have to worry about running into Lu-Bu in this game, that guy is a fucking monster and I always ran away whenever I saw him. I think he was the strongest character in those games, the OP one that would wreck your shit in a few hits while taking little to no damage.

well at least a zelda game will finally have a decent battle system.

Also yes lu-bu was pretty insane in the earlier games, not as bad as the later ones, but he's still pretty nuts.

Smaug said:
I mean, I would've just preferred/expected a Zelda game with no crossovers.
YES NEVER CHANGE ANYTHING DO THE EXACT SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN WITH NO CHANGES TO THE FORMULA AT ALL

Fearless Fosdick said:
Smaug said:
I mean, I would've just preferred/expected a Zelda game with no crossovers.
YES NEVER CHANGE ANYTHING DO THE EXACT SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN WITH NO CHANGES TO THE FORMULA AT ALL

welcome to zelda

and pokemon

When I saw it, I was like "This is really what the New Zelda game will be?"

Watched it with a straight face, disapproving of them, being like "that's all? And the graphics don't even look like Normal Zelda standards!"

And then Iwata afterwards is like "This is not the main Zelda for the Wii U, but a crossover game" and I was like "Thank the goddesses!"

but only pretty zelda games are wind waker and skyward sword.

Back