Terraria PvP: Trigem Arena

Crypt Raider

9 more seasons

Poster by Toadbert

Trigem is our very own home-made Player-versus-Player format for the game Terraria. We ask that you be familiar with at least the basics of the game if you want to play it, though the PvP is mostly unrelated to the rest of the game.

The game's goal is simple; there are three Large Gems planted inside chests on each of the two team's half of the map, as well as a neutral gem within the Middle arena. In order to win the match, you must place all 3 Large Gems inside the enemy's chest, not your own team's.

To accomplish this goal, the team is going to have to push through into the enemy's side. Once the round has started, access to the three arenas (Top, Mid, and Bot), will be granted, where players will initiate combat. Should an enemy have a gem, you can steal it back by killing them. You can tell if an enemy has a gem by the icon floating above their head. If you die during the round, you will respawn into your locker room, where you can then teleport back into the game.

Each arena has special obstacles with a unique design, and each player is going to have access to a large arsenal of weaponry and various equipment to use. Think strategically with your item loadout (so long as it doesn't violate the blacklist; see Standards), and work with your team.

If you would like to sign up, just say so.

Contact TheFreshPrince on Steam if you would like to see the arena early. We are able to provide some later-game equipment in order to get players into it, but our own supply is fairly limited, so bring your own character if possible. More specific rules and standards may be added soon.

Useful Information

5DVW0rU.png
5DVW0rU.png
Top Arena
79E2819AD8608B7B3D5CB699B2442D4B2E055425

Icy platforms and spike-filled water. Bring some skates or a way to walk on the water if you plan on fighting in this winter wonderland.
Mid Arena
2F2A081D78B18D889D56C46278841A1AD4D445F9

Welcome to the jungle. We got fun and game. We got everything you want, even a teleporter to a health-restoring bee hive in the very center of the map. Consider this vital for organizing a push into the enemy's side of the map. Note that this part of the map has one of the Large Gems.
Bot Arena
853961153027D3C4B55B98D7B675958F58260BDC

Dangling above the lava is stone hot enough to singe your skin off. Bring an Obsidian Skull or a way to walk on lava if you want a movement advantage.
Side Forts
FB529BE845B8BE23B1FFBB01FDFE43807B571D19
7C1F1A2EAC1816A8882DE9C19B791AFED99354EB

A wide-open, dimly lit spam fest for a decisive final push. Note that this part of the map has one of the Large Gems.

Working as a Team
  • You can chat and have only your team see it by typing /p before your message. If you have to use the chat, think of quick ways to deliver a message (i.e. b for "back out", hg for "have gem", etc.)
  • If possible, using a voice chat program for efficient communication is recommended, but not required.
  • Before a round, discuss who is going to which area first. Make sure your lane partner compliments your build well (i.e. a player with high DPS may want to travel with a Tank). You ideally want at least one person in every lane to make sure no one back-doors your team.

Basic Strategy
  • It is not illegal to carry your own team's gem from your chest, it simply means you will become a priority target during the initial fight, but it ensures the enemy cannot back-door you.
  • There a lot of hiding places in the map. For instance, the lanes to Top and Bot arenas are pitch black without any attacks going through them. Beneath the lava on Bot is accessible with a proper accessory. You could even grapple into a dark corner on the Side Fort areas.
  • Make sure you focus down the enemy DPS while protecting your own. When pushing into the Side Fort, you will need an extreme amount of DPS to force access to the enemy chest.

Standards

Character Requirements
  • Your character must be Softcore. This is so we can give you very strong equipment without the fear of it being lost, especially in the middle of a round.
  • Your character must have at least 400 HP, but we strongly prefer 500 HP. If you have not played Terraria in a long time, the cap was raised to 500 HP via Life Fruits.

Arena Rules
  • Offending a minor rule several times or violating a major rule will result in being kicked or possibly banned from the game server. So follow them.
  • No construction on or destruction of the terrain. Breaking or placing any blocks, including light sources, is prohibited. This includes using any weapons that interact with the terrain, such as Bombs or the Sandgun.
  • No leaving the arena grounds during a match. If your character dies, you will respawn in a special room for your team so that you can teleport back into the game.
  • All of the following weapons or accessories are not allowed to be used during a match:
    Rod_of_Discord.png
    Magic_Mirror.png
    Sun_Stone.png
    Moon_Stone.png
    Moon_Charm.png
    Moon_Shell.png
    Hoverboard.png
  • You may only carry 4 stacks of ammo in your inventory at one time. This is to encourage game pacing and prevent lane spam by rangers.
  • You may only carry 1 stack of Health Potions and 1 stack of Mana Potions. All other potions are forbidden from usage. This is simply to ensure a game's outcome is not determined by who has more of the most powerful potions.
  • You cannot swap around accessories or armor during the match. Allowing changing of equipment on the fly lowers the worth of pre-game strategy.

Roster

Registered Players
Italics =Attendance for next match not expected

Groden
5DVW0rU.png
Thorns.png
Ironskin.png
Swiftness.png
5DVW0rU.png
TheFreshPrince
5DVW0rU.png
Mana_Regeneration.png
Ironskin.png
Obsidian_Skin.png
Toadbert
Archery.png
Shadow_Dodge.png
Invisibility.png
Turb
Mana_Regeneration.png
Confused.png
Confused.png

Travis Touchdown
Mana_Regeneration.png
Ironskin.png
Obsidian_Skin.png
Citizen Snips
Archery.png
Shadow_Dodge.png
Invisibility.png
Darkdrazer
Mana_Regeneration.png
Obsidian_Skin.png
Swiftness.png
Archery.png
Shadow_Dodge.png
Spelunker.png
Smiley the Hun
Thorns.png
Mana_Regeneration.png
Swiftness.png
Shyguy27
Mana_Regeneration.png
Confused.png
Confused.png

FireEevee
Confused.png
Confused.png
Confused.png
Dryskull
Mana_Regeneration.png
Thorns.png
Ironskin.png
QuizmoManiac
Archery.png
Confused.png
Confused.png
RiseUpAboveIt
Thorns.png
Ironskin.png
Swiftness.png

Role Key
Melee
5DVW0rU.png
Thorns.png
5DVW0rU.png
Melee fighters typically have high defense and close in to deal massive damage.
Ranged
5DVW0rU.png
Archery.png
5DVW0rU.png
Ranged fighters have moderate defense, but are usually speedy and have high damage and a very large fighting distance.
Magic
5DVW0rU.png
Mana_Regeneration.png
5DVW0rU.png
Magic fighters tend to have high-damage, area-denying attacks, but poor self-defense.
Tank
5DVW0rU.png
Ironskin.png
5DVW0rU.png
Tanks specialize in defense and/or rapid health recovery to win battles of attrition.
Gem Runner
5DVW0rU.png
Swiftness.png
5DVW0rU.png
Gem runners have speed, knockback resistance, and sufficient defense to do their namesake.
DPS
5DVW0rU.png
Obsidian_Skin.png
5DVW0rU.png
Consistently outputs large damage per second to keep up pressure.
Gank
5DVW0rU.png
Shadow_Dodge.png
5DVW0rU.png
Ganks have massive burst damage and some kind of speed or stealth to sneak up on their prey.
Stealth
5DVW0rU.png
Invisibility.png
5DVW0rU.png
Whether they're scouting or ganking, they are able to turn invisible to hide.
Sniper
5DVW0rU.png
Spelunker.png
5DVW0rU.png
Has a very long range and sight as a way to scout and land surprise hits.

can i sign up

wizard hat, rain coat, optionally butterfly wings, and poison staff

i have a baby penguin and wisp following me around but those are completely separate from my armor so it really depends on how far you want to go

and you have a picture anyway

I will sign up because 1. terraria is my favorite game 2. I love PvP and 3. because waluigi :waluigi:

Can I sign up? It depends on what time it is going to be at for my timezone though (discussed this a bit w/ tfp already via steam) on whether I can play, but I ought be okay if it turns out around 8PM onwards GMT.

Dryskull said:
you shoud ban explosives
Explosives that destroy the terrain are banned, as it is covered by the umbrella term of "weapons that interact with the terrain" . Weapons, such as grenades or rocket launchers, are not because they are valid combat options that have their own advantages and disadvantages like any other, and don't destroy any blocks.

I still enjoy how the three people in it are carrying weapons they're most likely not going to use during the matches

Back