Why are you on Mario Boards?

Anser

King Bowser
I know most of you will say "Because I like Mario games", but what I'm talking about is, do you have any other reason to be in this forum?

I'm here mostly to practice my English. I am a native Spanish speaker and I've been learning English since I was 6 years-old, and I think that being in a place where I can talk about something I like (Mario games, for example) helps me to not forget the language. I learn a lot of slang and many ways of saying things, and I also work on my grammar. I'm also on Bulbapedia and several other forums for the same reason. I'd also like to take the opportunity to ask everyone who finds a grammar mistake in any of my posts to tell me immediately how to correct it. I am a proud, self-proclaimed grammar nazi in both English and Spanish, and I don't want to make any mistakes. :)

What about you? Are you here just because you're bored? To make friends? Because your parents make you come here? (I highly doubt that). Leave it in the comments.

I'm here wasting my time leaving pointless posts when I could be doing much more productive stuff but this forum HOOKS me like a fishing rod.

Wanted to be on The 'Shroom. And utterly failed. But hey, at least the forums are good

Phoenix Wright said:
Wanted to be on The 'Shroom. And utterly failed. But hey, at least the forums are good
Same, apart from the failing part

Mario games have nothing to do with it. They never really did.

I just like the community here. Its like hanging with friends.

Demidevimon said:
Phoenix Wright said:

I also joined this forum mainly to get a part in the Shroom but I resigned since I can't take this consistent scheduling, even if it's monthly.

But now, I feel like I'm glued here. Mario Wiki sure must have some sort of invisible adhesive substance to keep me trapped like this.

Baby Luigi said:
Demidevimon said:
Phoenix Wright said:

I also joined this forum mainly to get a part in the Shroom but I resigned since I can't take this consistent scheduling, even if it's monthly.

But now, I feel like I'm glued here. Mario Wiki sure must have some sort of invisible adhesive substance to keep me trapped like this.
I guess posting things is kind of fun, an so is talking to people through PMs

Baby Luigi said:
I'm here wasting my time leaving pointless posts when I could be doing much more productive stuff but this forum HOOKS me like a fishing rod.

I know, right? I mean, sometimes I feel like a loser because I'm a 21 year-old guy who should be working, studying, having fun, traveling the world (as cliche as it sounds, but I love traveling) but no. Here I am, talking about games for little kids. I can't help it, though. Then, I remember that at least I'm doing good at the university, I have a lot of friends and I'm going to get a job pretty soon and it's all ok :D

to kick butts

basically what Rocker said except Mario did have a little to do with it for me

Well I don't mind chatting to others but I rather spend my time with game modifications and art. But I can't help it how I can't get out of here

Kimberly Hart said:
Mario games have nothing to do with it. They never really did.

I just like the community here. Its like hanging with friends.
plus people start interesting topics here

Mostly for collabs and stuff, then I got sucked into the community. I joined for the wiki and stayed for the nonsense fun, you people are so insane nice.

No specefic reason. I joined the wiki, so I joined here too.

GBAToad said:
Mostly for collabs and stuff, then I got sucked into the community. I joined for the wiki and stayed for the nonsense fun, you people are so insane nice.
No, we're also insane

I joined to apply for The 'Shroom. Some time later, I was sucked through the community vortex and I post here regularly.

because i've got some good friends here

also because i joined really really early so i can lord my join date over other people

also also i'm a mod and in the shroom so i need to use the forums lol

I didn't join for mario at all, I joined because i'd seen the users on here and i wanted to be a part of it.
now i always forget that this is even a mario forum.

My friend told me about this forum and I like surfing forums so this was simply another forum I wanted to join. Plus this board is about Mario, which I love. :p

I also saw the mafia board and I enjoy playing mafia (I was relatively new to it at the time I joined and now I'm still not that good at it lol) and have fun with it. I also enjoy playing Brawl with others here (despite the fact I usually play hardcore =P).

i found this forum while searching up mario, and decided to make an account to interact with other people in the mario fandom (what do we even call this fandom lol)

I originally joined just so I could get the chat op rank (I was promoted the night that I joined).

Now I don't think it's possible for me to leave.

Most people here agree that we just cannot leave this place anymore... It's like we're in the Murder House (American Horror Story, Season 1 reference, just in case someone got it, but I doubt so)...

The Murder House is where season 1 takes place, and it's a cursed house. The curse makes that whoever dies inside the property is condemned to live forever and ever in it as a ghost, and it's impossible to leave. The only day where the ghosts can get out of the house is in Halloween.

I've always thought of the MWiki Community as being like the Hotel California: "you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave".

I joined the forum because it's necessary if you're a wiki admin (I was a holdout at first because of computer issues). Lately I've also been checking out a couple non-admin boards too, mainly when I'm bored and don't have the time/energy to edit and/or when I'm putting off doing homework (I used to kill most of my time on the Xephyr Boards, but it's pretty dead over there these days).

Back