Console Wars

Which console do you think will win this gen?

• Wii U

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • XBox One

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
In this thread, we talk about the Console Wars, be the current gen or any of the previous 7.

Previous console wars:
1st: From 72-76. The Odyssey beat all those other Pong consoles and shit.
2nd: From 76-84. The Atari 2600 beat the Colecovision, Intellivision, and other shit like that thanks to the Video Game Crash.
3rd: From 83-92. The Nintendo Entertainment System destroyed the SEGA Master System and the Atari 7800.
4th: From 87-96. The Super Nintendo Entertainment System barely beat the SEGA Genesis, but beat the others hands down.
4.5th: From 93-96. There were no winners. Everyone lost.
5th: From 94-02. The PlayStation ended Nintendo's reign thanks to Nintendo's bad decisions. SEGA got bronze.
6th: From 98-06. The PlayStation 2 killed the Dreamcast, the Xbox had to settle for #2, and Nintendo unsuccessfully tried to ditch their kiddy image.
7th: From 05-2013. The Wii is still winning, even though it's dead. The other two are still trying to catch up.
8th: From 12-20XX. Only time will tell.

As for handhelds, Nintendo wins. NINTENDO ALWAYS FUCKING WINS!

I'll be frank.

I think Nintendo has been on a losing down spiral for the last two generations, and if they don't get their act together with hardware and appealing to the "hardcore" market, its just going to get worse.

Don't get me wrong. I love Nintendo. But the 2DS? Really?

The Wii U is a good step forward, but still doesn't cut it.

I honestly think there isn't anything that Nintendo can do to regain the hardcore market. We already have two other consoles marketed almost exclusively to hardcore gamers. And, to be honest, even IF Nintendo has the most powerful console, it's very likely third-parties still aren't going to make hardcore games for it, simply because they think no hardcore gamers are buying it.

Let's be honest. The Wii U is at least more powerful than the previous generation, it has a normal controller (even if it's big and has a screen on it), and it can offer some of the same stuff as the Xbox One and the PS4. But are third-parties making games for the Wii U? Not really. Some are, but most aren't. The Wii had a reason for not having third party support - its online was bad, its default controller was very different, and it wasn't HD. But the Wii U? It fixes all of this. They DID try to appeal to the hardcore market. It just didn't work.

They're not in trouble, really. They just need to keep making games without any big gaps of new releases. Then people will buy the Wii U.

As for the Xbox One and PS4, I prefer the PS4, simply because it does SOME different stuff with the controller. And the PS4 has better exclusives, anyway. For one, they have the entire JRPG market.

I agree that the Wii U is a good console. Its just that theres so much confusion surrounding it.

I've heard people describe it as just a big DS. And my best friend (who has been a major Pokemon and Nintendo fan his entire life, mind you) thought it could play DS games.

Yeaaah, not a good sign.

I don't think Nintendo's going to fail entirely, I just think its going to be rough for a while.

I'm sure once Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and ESPECIALLY Super Smash Bros. come out, it'll start picking up.

And besides, I was thinking about it, besides the Wii, every other console launch last generation had a slow start. I think we're just expecting too much out of initial sales.

But, yeah, Nintendo screwed up with the marketing. At least they could have called it the Wii 2 or something.

And I'm pretty sure the 2DS was made solely so that the Pokemon games would have the biggest launch possible.

My prediction is that Wii U will win hands down, because I'm totally bias. PS4 will be close second, and that stupid Xsomething will humiliate Microsoft and they will run away from the video games business.

To be honest, I think it'll be pretty close. I'm probably guessing either PS4 or Wii U first. The Xbox One is probably going be third because a) it's the most expensive and b) you need to buy a new Kinect. All those millions of old Kinects are now useless. But I honestly think it'll be close. And I have a feeling when the PS4 and Xbox One come out, they'll both be selling rather poorly (especially because a consumer's attention will be divided. Not many people will get both if they come out close to each other) And then a few months later, they'll start selling better.

Let's be completely honest. The new generation hasn't promised me anything I want. It just promises more of the same with slightly flashier graphics.

Xbox One is a 64-bit console

I'm getting Wii U and PS4 this Nov and I see that Wii U's line up is better than PS4's launch right now

I'm getting Watch Dogs for PS4 and that's it, Knack didn't impress me

It's pretty funny there was more innovation 10, 15, 20 years ago then there is now. Sure, I can't think of anything new they could add, but I'm sure people on the SNES and Genesis couldn't imagine a fully 3d game. Or an analog stick. It was just beyond comprehension. And I'm sure people in the N64/PS era couldn't imagine online multiplayer.

I hate the console wars.

It's just a bunch of fanboys with no lives arguing over something stupid.

Personally, I'd LOVE to own a PS4.

I mean, I'll probably be getting a PS5 and a (insert Nintendo Console here) whenever they come out, so I don't have to cry when some games don't come to the Wii U or are exclusive to the PS4 (*cough* Last of Us *cough*)

And I'm sick of fanboys. Ugh.

The Call of Duty ones really get me (which is like half my school).

They all think Black Ops 2 is the greatest game ever created (even though most of them have only played that, Minecraft, and Madden) and act as if they have a future becoming a professional youtuber (my brother ugh) or being in the MLG (Major League Gaming) (LMAO, these people are so ridiculous)

and people who think mario is the only thing Nintendo ever created.
or people that just judge a game and don't even play it.
or people who think their console is the best, despite ONLY PLAYING THAT CONSOLE

seriously I'm just sick of how half the "gaming" community can't even have a cordial conversation. Just "OH NINTENDO IS FOR KIDS AND OLD PEOPLE, WHO WOULD WANT TO PLAY FIRE EMBLEM, IT LOOKS SO STUPID, PLAY SKYRIM RAH RAH," and stuff like that.

im not even sure ill get a console this generation, not a lot has peaked my interest so far and im pretty good with my 3ds.

If anything ill probably just use the only console i didnt get from last generation.

DragonFreak said:
My prediction is that Wii U will win hands down, because I'm totally bias. PS4 will be close second, and that stupid Xsomething will humiliate Microsoft and they will run away from the video games business.
This. Though I'm not really interested in any of them if I had to choose it would be a Wii U.

New Super Mario said:
I hate the console wars.

It's just a bunch of fanboys with no lives arguing over something stupid.
Yep, I just don't care about it. I buy a console because I do and I don't care whether anyone else buys it or not

I honestly think Wii U won't win unless something wild happens.

If think it's going to PS4 then Wii U then Xbox One.

I think the Wii U will win unless the PS4 can get some really good games before Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U come out.

Pearl said:
Glowsquid said:

...what did i just watch?
that was glorious

but yeah the way things are looking now, playstation 4 is going to win, wii u will probably make a decent comeback after the mario, and xbox will kinda just be shunned by most of society

Back