Unpopular opinions with video games

NSY

Celestial Guide
In gaming they you have lot of opinions that everyone agrees with. However you will also have opinions that everybody disagrees with which is what this topic is about.

I'll start with saying that I like Sonic Riders

The Super Mario Galaxy series get more praise than they deserve

Baby Luigi said:
The Super Mario Galaxy series get more praise than they deserve

pretty much this.

Also that fire emblem sacred stones is really boring.

oh yeah and the fact that twilight princess is one of the worst zelda games.

Many people consider Mega Man 2 to be the best game in the classic Mega Man series, but I, on the other hand, consider it to be one of the worst. That game is beyond overrated. Along with having a broken weakness cycle, where nearly every boss is weak against the same weapon, it has extremely crappy level design, with shoddy object placement. I'll never understand why everyone acts as if it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and like all the other games in the series (especially Mega Man 7, 8, and Mega Man & Bass, which have it sorely outclassed) are of little or no significance. Don't even get me started on Mega Man 9 and its "If it wasn't in Mega Man 2, then it never existed." approach.

I've been down this road before, but I really don't get why people hate Sticker Star. Ok, yeah, the characters, dialogue, and story all suck, but the gameplay is spot on. I don't enjoy the battle system in Thousand Year Door nearly as much as the battle system in Sticker Star. It's all timed and balanced perfectly, making for really fun combat.

Sticker Star gets the kind of hate that it does, because of the way it took almost everything people loved about the first three games, and just threw them out the window; all for hypocritical reasons on Miyamoto's part (as explained in the Iwata Asks). To add insult to injury, that was done after it had originally presented itself as a welcome-back return to the series' original formula. In short, the game was a blatant middle finger, and deserved any and all backlash that it got and still continues to get.

Shadow the Hedgehog does not deserve the hate it gets. Most of the missions are fun (except for the Maria ones and a few others) and I liked how you could choose your path. It's my favourite Sonic game actually.

85 said:
I don't get all the hate behind realistic sports games.
mainly because they can actually been done in real life

I although I've heard FIFA is amazing, shame that EA produced it.

Gen I is my least favorite Pokemon generation for typing unbalance (Psychic was too good), numerous bugs, and some flaws in its battle system. FRLG is my go-to to play in Kanto.

Mega Man 2 is my least favorite Mega Man game for unbalanced weapon system, flaws in level design, and the worst boss in Mega Man history (Boobeam Trap).

85 said:

The issue people usually have is that they basically rerelease the same game each year when the technology exists to do roster updates and such via online downloads.

NSY said:
85 said:
mainly because they can actually been done in real life

yeah, why don't people just join the nfl? so dumb!

I although I've heard FIFA is amazing, shame that EA produced it.

DAE HATE EA????
<---UPBOATS TO THE LEFT

What's wrong with Xbox

it's most likely that the console is currently very popular.

Also I thought that Throwback Galaxy was one of the worst galaxies in Smg. It should have not been in World 6.

So the only reason you don't like it is because it's popular

No, I don't mind it. It's DragonFreak who doesn't like it.

-Demon's Souls would've been a better game if it had been entirely designed around Sixaxis motion controls.

-The Hyperscan is the greatest 7th gen system.

-Rare should've been sold to Electronic Arts.

-The Power Glove is the superior form of input. Accept no substitute.

-The world doesn't have enough World 1-1 remakes.

Back