Nintendo 2DS

fantanoice

I can see through time
Pronouns
She / They
Well, I don't see the point of this, you can remove 3D in 3DS. Plus the design of this console makes it impossible to put in a pocket.

Not sure how I feel. I don't really like the non-clamshell design but considering I never play with the 3D on then I don't mind the concept overall. It's a good choice for parents looking at getting one for their kids or something.

Finally, something for people like me who can't afford a 3DS.
One thing though, won't it get easily damaged since you can't fold it?

Drift said:
Just buy a cover like you would a tablet or phone.

fantanoice said:
Not sure how I feel. I don't really like the non-clamshell design but considering I never play with the 3D on then I don't mind the concept overall. It's a good choice for parents looking at getting one for their kids or something.

this pretty much sums up how i feel about it right now

also i wonder how much battery life it'll have

It looks cool, but

WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO ARE YOU FACKEN STUPID?

No srsly. I don't get this. Can anyone explain this to me?

yeah the design is pretty dumb looking, i assume they just wanted to differentiate it from the 3ds and the xl? don't see any other remotely sensible reason to change the design *shrug*

also still no second circle pad

Pearl said:
fantanoice said:

Despite its ugliness, if it has a long battery life and is released in Japan then I'll seriously consider it.

Either that or I'll continue to dream about this becoming an XL design and getting released in Japan.

fantanoice said:
Pearl said:
fantanoice said:

Despite its ugliness, if it has a long battery life and is released in Japan then I'll seriously consider it.

Either that or I'll continue to dream about this becoming an XL design and getting released in Japan.

Purple 3DS :O, also I like the design xD

New Super Mario said:
......what's the point of it?

like that trailer said, it's point is value. if you don't care about the 2ds's lack of 3d and it's awful design, it's a cheaper alternative to the other ones.

of course, the design is still pretty dumb, but for people who don't care about taking it anywhere it guess it would be good

also i just realized, spotpass downloads stuff when the system is in sleep mode, which is activated as soon as you close your system, so how will it work for this one, seeing as it can't close?

So it's a 3Ds without 3D graphics? For those poeple who really don't like 3D graphics I guess. And if it's cheaper.............I might get one then. I only want a 3DS because of the games, not thre graphics.

Pearl said:
also i just realized, spotpass downloads stuff when the system is in sleep mode, which is activated as soon as you close your system, so how will it work for this one, seeing as it can't close?

i think the ign article mentioned a switch that lets you put it into sleep mode

Nene Amano said:
Rei Hino said:
yeah the design is pretty dumb looking, i assume they just wanted to differentiate it from the 3ds and the xl? don't see any other remotely sensible reason to change the design *shrug*

also still no second circle pad
One circle pad is enough

And it's ugly (2DS)

wish i could agree but mgs3d and maybe re:r would be easier with the second cp.

Drift said:
Yeah, here a 3DS costs 999 and that is quite a much for a system

A cheaper feature-gutted 3DS could've been an appealing proposition for me, but that doesn't look very comfortable.

Megadardery said:
Drift said:
Yeah, here a 3DS costs 999 and that is quite a much for a system
Dollars or Egyptian Pounds?

Back