Characters confirmed to return in SSB4

Duskull

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Olimar was recently confirmed for the new Smash Bros., so what are your thoughts on this?
This thread is also for any other characters for when they are announced for the new Smash Bros.

Personally, I'm really happy. I liked using him in Brawl, and I'm sure I'll enjoy using him here.

Re: Olimar confirmed for SSB4

I'm glad they kept him and didn't decide to use one of the new captains, honestly.

I was expecting him to return but I never played as him because I was horrible at executing his attacks. lol(much like Snake and King Dedede)

cryoAwakening said:
OLIMAR FTW!!!

They better give him rock and winged pikmin too.

From the images I've seen, I can't see them anywhere :( But they I doubt Nintendo will ignore, he'll probably get them.

I'm mostly interested in seeing how Olimar is balanced this time around.
He's actually a really good character in Brawl asides from his recovery.

Should it b a single thread that say which characters are confirmed to return? Or maybe you'll have to post more than 20 times.

I actually wanted to see one of the new character but oh well.

Matt Foley said:
New Super Mario said:
NSY said:

New Super Mario said:
so silly to think a new captain would replace him.
I think you misunderstood him. I think he said that he wanted to see a new character in general.

I'm not sure, the thread says Characters ''returning'' to SSB4, so I doubt someone would come here looking for new completely new characters.

It's so awesome to see Pikmin and Olimar back! I was wondering if he'd return, or be replaced by a Pikmin 3 character... Either way, I'm glad, since he's such a unique character to play as, not to mention, his suit looks great in HD!

...Also, apparently, they added his whistle to his helmet. Interesting design choice.

NSY said:

Based on the fact that there haven't been the additions of Rock and Winged Pikmin, there are these possibilities...

a - They probably just haven't showed us yet.

b - They are not going to be in the game.

c - They'll include one of the new captains, which will have red, blue, yellow, rock, and winged.

A is the most likely, B would be really sad if that was true (and would be a bad choice by them), and if neither of them, then it has to be C.

I really wouldn't made another Pikmin addition, as long as they aren't clones of each other.

cryoAwakening said:
NSY said:

Based on the fact that there haven't been the additions of Rock and Winged Pikmin, there are these possibilities...

a - They probably just haven't showed us yet.

b - They are not going to be in the game.

c - They'll include one of the new captains, which will have red, blue, yellow, rock, and winged.

A is the most likely, B would be really sad if that was true (and would be a bad choice by them), and if neither of them, then it has to be C.

I really wouldn't made another Pikmin addition, as long as they aren't clones of each other.
I don't know, that seems near impossible. If you want another Pikmin rep that isn't a clone, you'd have to go with a Bulborb. :P

they're not revealing yoshi yet because there's a significant difference to him...

NnOqnKU.png

well I thought it was obvious that one of the new captains wouldn't replace Olimar considering they're in a game that hasn't even been released yet and Smash games are generally focused on past generations

I was hoping that there would be an Olimar/Louie combo, though. Maybe Louie will still be in this, though. But I have no idea how they could differentiate him from Olimar.

Gundam Tanaka said:
well I thought it was obvious that one of the new captains wouldn't replace Olimar considering they're in a game that hasn't even been released yet and Smash games are generally focused on past generations

I was hoping that there would be an Olimar/Louie combo, though. Maybe Louie will still be in this, though. But I have no idea how they could differentiate him from Olimar.

Lucas was going to replace Ness in Melee before Mother 3 went into development Hell, plus Roy was included and his game wasn't even released when Melee was.

Luigi is set for a return, surprise surprise.

Note: Not in spoiler tags because of the name of the thread.

The biggest surprised is how he's confirmed before characters like Peach though. And he's probably default this time.

Back