Coup d'etat in Egypt; Morsi no longer president

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
Egypt’s military on Wednesday deposed Mohamed Morsi, the nation’s first freely elected president, suspending the constitution, installing an interim government and insisting it was responding to the millions of Egyptians who had opposed Mr. Morsi’s Islamist agenda and his allies in the Muslim Brotherhood.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/04/world/middleeast/egypt.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I'm glad they did; Morsi promised to lead an inclusive government after Mubarak fell and he failed in every way, Egypt deserves better.

YES

it's good to see people standing up for their natural rights and not letting yet another president walk all over them.

the only downside is that ALL THE NEWS STATIONS HERE STILL ARE PLAYING THE ZIMMERMAN TRIAL.

They don't even know what real news is anymore.

Just as long as a crazy person isn't overthrown for an even more crazy person. As long as Egypt doesn't become all Islamist crazy like Iran, I'll be happy.

so egypt overthrew their oppressive dictator in 2011

only to overthrow their new oppressive dictator in 2013.

isn't politics fun?

Purple Yoshi said:
Just as long as a crazy person isn't overthrown for an even more crazy person. As long as Egypt doesn't become all Islamist crazy like Iran, I'll be happy.

Morsi would be the Islamist/Muslim Brotherhood guy they just threw out.

Somehow I doubt that their next president will be as involved in Islam.

Toad Eightyfive said:

isn't politics fun?

No, but the Egyptian military is. Hopefully, the people will find someone they can stick with.

Hobbes said:
Egypt’s military on Wednesday deposed Mohamed Morsi, the nation’s first freely elected president, suspending the constitution, installing an interim government and insisting it was responding to the millions of Egyptians who had opposed Mr. Morsi’s Islamist agenda and his allies in the Muslim Brotherhood.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/04/world/middleeast/egypt.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I'm glad they did; Morsi promised to lead an inclusive government after Mubarak fell and he failed in every way, Egypt deserves better.
No shit theh deserve better even Mubarak would have been better!

YEAH BUDDY THIS IS GREAT!!!!!!! :D I'm an Egyptian so this is awesome for me! If anyone was wondering, Morsi was actually an awful president and made allot of stupid decisions and neglected his people. And honestly the man put Bassem Youssef (a comedian similar to the likes of Jon Stewart), in jail for just poking fun at him! That, to be completely honest is terrible! Obama has people hating on him everyday and he doesn't put them into jail. Also, the Constitution that he put in wasn't very good either. It was very vague and didn't cover many rights of the people. And if you went to Egypt during his term, the people could do anything they wanted and get away with it. Kill a person? Yeah, no problem. Kidnap a girl on the street and request for a million dollars to get her back? Yeah, you can do that too. Just because of this, my family and I haven't been going to Egypt for a while. And honestly I'm really glad they did this and I hope this change is for the better.

Egypt has been full of protest these past two years, what will happen next is unpredictable

I was actually there last year during the revolution and an angry mob ran by our bus so I experienced it first hand

Toad Eightyfive said:

isn't politics fun?

The road to democracy is often a rocky path. Just look at other democracy-related riots. I'm not surprised that there's still unrest.

it's popularly supported, which makes it kinda a special case

i mean, it is a coup, but it's supported by the people. "coup" usually implies that the military just arbitrarily seized control.

Hobbes said:
You're right. So what's a more appropriate term? Deposition?
Popularly supported removal of a president by force.

I don't think English has a word that exactly fits this. ._.
Diesel said:
Now let the new dictatorship commence
we can always hope for a democracy

Back