Nintendo 3DS/DS WFC not connecting to an access point?

Soundless Voice

Star Spirit
Banned User
I've been trying to connect Pokémon Diamond and Animal Crossing: Wild World to the apartment wifi here (Since we don't have our own modem) to play online with a friend, but no matter what I do, I get the error code that says it can't connect to the access point. I don't know if it's my 3DS or the signal is just weak in general or what...

Can anyone help?

The signal is probably weak (that or the access point is secure and you don't have the password for it).

Both apartment access points are free for anyone who lives there, so it can't be the latter. And I'm not sure about the signal since everything else can connect just fine.

What exactly stands in the error? Because it may easily be an password error, as random strangers outdoor may use it as well if its insecure.

Error Code: 51301 said:
Unable to connect to an access point.
Confirm Nintendo WFC connection settings and access point settings. For help, visit support.nintendo.com

That's what I get when I try with the faster wifi.

Well, when I set it up I clicked "Search For An Access Point" and it did it automatically. Let me see what happens when I set it up manually.

00028.png

If you see a red or grey icon, like on the Screenshot above, you won't be able to Connect to it, as DS games don't support WPA and WPA2 connections.
Only WEP and no security are possible.

This problem has been fixed with DSi and 3DS games, but Pokémon Diamond and Animal Crossing: Wild World are still a DS game, and thus it's unable to connect.

Okay then. That's most likely it.

Maybe I can try editing the settings from inside the game itself.

What do you want to edit?
These games really will never, ever, ever work on WPA and WPA2 Connections.

By edit, I meant connect.

By the way, the connection is unsecured.

I might try finding my mom's DS lite and see if it works there.

Back