Marvel Cinematic Universe

Whose side are you on?

• Total voters

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
Just thought I'd make a general thread about the Marvel films that are part of this universe. Most of these movies are good. *coughcoughIronMan2coughcoigh*. Iron Man 3 looks good. Also excited for the Thor and Captain America sequels.

Lucky there's a thread like this, because now there's big news, according to this IGN article:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/17/joss-whedon-talks-quicksilver-the-scarlet-witch-and-iron-mans-roles-in-avengers-2

Joss Whedon says that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will be in The Avengers 2. This development is interesting, because as some of you might know, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, while associated with the Avengers in the comics, premiered and are associated with the X-Men, in that they're both Mutants and are the children of Magneto. Problem here is that Fox owns the movie-making rights to anything associated to X-Men, so they can't be called mutants or mention anything about Magneto at all in the movie... so why even include them? Or how? Well, this other article I read goes into why that might be:

http://moviebob.blogspot.com/2013/05/and-your-next-two-avengers-are.html

Either way, interesting new development! ...Also, I STILL can't believe they're going to make an Ant-Man movie... The Guardians of the Universe movie should be VERY... different, to say the least.

Epic Nitwit said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Also, I STILL can't believe they're going to make an Ant-Man movie...

is this positive or negative? i can't tell
A little bit of both, I suppose... Though mostly it's because Ant-Man's origin story... or stories, since there's more than one Ant-Man, is so weird, and his powers don't seem that impressive. He just shrinks... and maintains his normal-size strength when he shrinks. I'm more interesting in how they'll actually do the movie than genuinely excited for it.

The title for Avengers 2 has been revealed!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=83794

"Age of Ultron"... For those of you who don't know, Ultron is a Marvel villain who was created by Henry Pym, aka Ant-Man, who was based around Pym's brain patterns, developed it's own intelligence, and rebelled against his creator and eventually became a regular Avengers villain. Hearing this means we'll likely see Ant-Man in this movie, what a twist!

Another twist is how we all thought Thanos would be the main villain in the second movie. They had us all fooled!

Smashgoom202 said:
Another twist is how we all thought Thanos would be the main villain in the second movie. They had us all fooled!
what if he still is the main villain

and, like, ultron is his puppet or something

That might be true, though I still doubt anyone was expecting anyone other than Thanos to be the main villain.

Smashgoom202 said:
Yoshidude99 said:
That's not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe...

Unless that article mentions how Sony's letting Marvel Studios do a cross-over or something, but that doesn't look like the case according to that article.
Oh sorry about that. If Spidey was to become an Avenger would that make him part of it?

How about the Skrulls as villains of the third movie, with Thanos commanding them or something?

And what about a Deadpool movie? That would be amazing. (also a much better choice than Ant-Man)

Yoshidude99 said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Yoshidude99 said:
That's not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe...

Unless that article mentions how Sony's letting Marvel Studios do a cross-over or something, but that doesn't look like the case according to that article.
Oh sorry about that. If Spidey was to become an Avenger would that make him part of it?
It would be up to Sony, since they have the movie-making rights to Spider-Man. Fox is apparently letting them use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, who are X-Men characters but are also usually associated with the Avengers, MAYBE to help tie back to their movies, so who knows.

Viridi said:
How about the Skrulls as villains of the third movie, with Thanos commanding them or something?

And what about a Deadpool movie? That would be amazing. (also a much better choice than Ant-Man)
Skrulls were originally planned to be in the first Avengers movie, but they are associated with the Fantastic Four, the movie-making rights of which are owned by Fox, so instead they were replaced by the Chitauri.

Deadpool is also associated with X-Men, so again, it's up to Fox to make that happen. And if they do, let's hope it's better then how it was in the first Wolverine movie.

Since you guys seem to know a lot about Marvel comic villians who is that main antagonist in Thor 2? Or is he not in the comics?

Yoshidude99 said:
Since you guys seem to know a lot about Marvel comic villians who is that main antagonist in Thor 2? Or is he not in the comics?
Everything I know about comics I know either from people who've actually read comics or looking them up.

In the case of the main villain, he's known as "Malekith the Accursed", ruler of the Dark Elves, and yeah, he's from the comics.

James Spader, huh? Can't say I've heard of him...

*looks him up*

Oh, he was in Lincoln? I wish I had a better time at remembering the names of the characters in that movie. I've also never seen a full episode of The Office (sorry :( ).

so the other day I found out that Edgar Wright is directing Ant-Man, which makes me happy, because Wright also made Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

DragonFreak said:
What, they aren't? That literally makes no sense. That is an outrage.
The cinematic universe is as follows.

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
The Avengers
Iron Man 3

Upcoming:
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man

There's also a TV show tied to the series starting this month.

Back