Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
It looks really bad when infoboxes are larger than articles, and this happens more than often in minigames pages, since the articles are rather small. What I say we do is relocate the {{{info}}} and {{{info1}}} parameters to the article itself, following the format I added to Awful Tower.

Here are some indications from Walkazo:
[quote author=Walkazo]
The header for such info could be called something like "In-game text" (nice and straightforward) with statements saying which each specific quote is:

==In-Game Text==
*'''Rules from ''Mario Party'':''' "''Blah blah blah.''"
*'''Advice from ''Mario Party'':''' "''Blah blah blah.''"
*'''Rules from ''Mario Party 2'':''' "''Blah blah blah.''"
*'''Advice from ''Mario Party 2'':''' "''Blah blah blah.''"
[/quote]

The best thing would be to start with the minigames in Mario Party, then Mario Party 2 and so on, so we don't miss any articles and make this collaboration easier. If we happen to miss any, we can trace them later by making a search for either "|info=" or "|info2=".

I'm working on the Mario Party 4 minigames.

Tucayo, on Awful Tower you put Game info from Mario Party 3. Shouldn't it be Rules from Mario Party 3?

What minigames aren't done at the moment? I could get the Mario Party 8 minigame articles done tomorrow if they haven't already been taken care of.

I've browsed the category, and no one has done 8 yet. So go for it.

Virtual Dino said:
I'm working on the Mario Party 4 minigames.

Tucayo, on Awful Tower you put Game info from Mario Party 3. Shouldn't it be Rules from Mario Party 3?
I'm not quite sure. The infobox had it labeled as "Game info". Let me look at the game.

EDIT: It's Game Rules.

I'll take MP3

Mario Party DS is very much notorious with this due to the double screen (and, in some cases which makes it worse, multiple variants of the game). Is there any way to line them up side by side if the latter case occurs? Because it doesn't look good to have two double screen DS pictures stacked on top of each other.

I'll probably do Mario Party 6 and 7 if I have the time.

Hobbes said:
I'm not quite sure. The infobox had it labeled as "Game info". Let me look at the game.

EDIT: It's Game Rules.

I meant according to Walkazo's guideline. You've put "Game rules", but weren't we following this:

[quote author=Walkazo]
==In-Game Text==
*'''Rules from ''Mario Party 2'':''' "''Blah blah blah.''"
*'''Advice from ''Mario Party 2'':''' "''Blah blah blah.''"
[/quote]

Also while we're doing this, it would be great if the images used in the infoboxes could be sized up (or alternatively down) to 260px, as that is what is stated on the actual page for the template itself (Template:Minigame-infobox).

Though I have a question here, we're still having the {{{controls}}} parameter filled in, aren't we?

Chiaki Nanami said:
Also while we're doing this, it would be great if the images used in the infoboxes could be sized up (or alternatively down) to 260px, as that is what is stated on the actual page for the template itself (Template:Minigame-infobox).
I'll make sure to do that.

Chiaki Nanami said:
Though I have a question here, we're still having the {{{controls}}} parameter filled in, aren't we?
The controls param remains as is.

Can I help too?

Sure you can, just pick a game. Tucayo called dibs on 3, I'm taking four, RandomYoshi is doing 8 and BLOF is taking care of six and seven. I'm halfway through 4, so I might take 5 too.

How about Mario Party 2?

Sure, go ahead :)

Also, most of the MP3 minigames are missing the in-game text, so I will do some research on that.

The MP4 minigames are done. On to MP5 now.

So when all pages have been updated, will we remove the {{{info}}} and {{{info1}}} parameters from the template page?

Do we really need to put:

==In-Game Text==

as opposed to:

==In-Game Text==
*'''Rules''': [insert rules]
*'''Advice''':[advice here]

for articles on minigames that only appear in a one game (as in most of them)?

Well it's consistent with minigame articles which do appear in multiple games, and what we've been doing so far.

It's not really necessary, but it's indeed consistent; I think it would be better to have it.

Virtual Dino said:
The MP4 minigames are done. On to MP5 now.

So when all pages have been updated, will we remove the {{{info}}} and {{{info1}}} parameters from the template page?
Hmmm... we could, if we are totally sure no articles are using it anymore.

Toa 95 said:
Do we really need to put:

==In-Game Text==

as opposed to:

==In-Game Text==
*'''Rules''': [insert rules]
*'''Advice''':[advice here]

for articles on minigames that only appear in a one game (as in most of them)?
If it's only one game, yeah, I think omitting the game title would be better. It'd only be inconsistent if some oneshot minigames include the title while other oneshots omit it.

The 4 and 5 minigames have been updated. How's everyone else going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back