The Ship: Murder Party

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
What exactly is The Ship? Well, if you don't want to or are unable to watch the video, I'll just go to Wikipedia for a brief summary...

"The Ship: Murder Party is a first-person shooter PC game developed by Outerlight using Valve Software's Source engine. The game was released on July 11, 2006, on Steam with retail distribution in Europe and Australia in September, and April 10, 2007, for North America. A playable concept for The Ship was released as a modification for the game Half-Life in 2004. The game is set on a 1920s recreational cruise ship. Each player is assigned a quarry, and the object is to murder him or her with nobody watching, while at the same time watching out for, and defending themselves against their own hunter."

There's a single-player campaign that's really short, but the appeal for the game is in its multi-player, which is playable either online with other people or with AIs. At the beginning of the match, every player is given a nickname, meaning that you won't know who everyone is until you talk to them and find out their name. There are a bunch of different weapons throughout the various ships, but each of them has a different amount of money corresponding to it. The more the weapon is worth, the more money you get. The object of the game is to amass the total money first, and also to avoid being killed. However, there are security cameras, guards, and NPCs that don't participate in the hunt that will arrest you if they see you with a weapon. After being arrested, you wil be fined for every weapon you have, stripped of all your weapons, and sent to jail for a certain amount of time. Every player also has certain needs that need to be fulfilled (hunger, thirst, sleep, socialization, etc.) in order to stay alive. Each of these needs can be fulfilled just by going to the necessary areas and interacting with the necessary objects, but if these needs are overlooked, they could result even in death.

Anyways, I've finished my description of the game, and here's why I've made this topic: When I bought this game through Steam, I received two free copies of the game that I am able to gift to someone (again, through Steam). This includes both the multi-player mode and the single-player campaign. I've had a lot of fun with the game so far, and I thought that maybe a couple of you guys would be interested in it.

EDIT: The two free copies that I had received have been sent to Rocker and MCS. Congrats to them.

Re: The Ship: Murder Party (Giving away two free copies)

Sounds interesting, but I'm not sure whether or not it would work on my computer.

Also, does it have much gore in it? Because if so, I probably wouldn't be able to handle playing it.

Hiyoko Saionji said:
Also, does it have much gore in it? Because if so, I probably wouldn't be able to handle playing it.
There's a bit of blood spatter when someone is stabbed/shot/beaten, but nothing else besides that.

So I've had a look at the requirements, and it needs a 1.8 GHz processor, and mine is only 1.65, so I won't be able to play this. Sorry. :/

So another person knows this game?

I really wanted it when i saw a video about it, but had no idea it was on steam.

Yea, so i'd love a copy, i'd also love to play with you.

(Do you have me on steam?)

(Is it straight up two free copies, or like free limited time passes?)

Sonia Nevermind said:

I really wanted it when i saw a video about it, but had no idea it was on steam.

The online community's completely gone, and I don't know if AIs can be used on online servers, so it would just be a one-on-one duel. Also, I don't believe I've added you yet on Steam.

Time Turner said:
Sonia Nevermind said:

The online community's completely gone, and I don't know if AIs can be used on online servers, so it would just be a one-on-one duel. Also, I don't believe I've added you yet on Steam.

Nobody is playing the game? Goddammit.
So how have you been enjoying is that much? Is the single player good?

Yea i don't think so a perfect time for, my name is "Overlord Laharl", yours?

Sonia Nevermind said:
Time Turner said:
Sonia Nevermind said:

The single-player is a bit repetitive, rather short, and really linear, but can still be fun. I've logged a lot of hours into the multiplayer, and that's where I've been having the most fun. I get arrested all the time, but I still have fun doing it. Also, my name is wrathofelite. I'm the pony that you should have just received a request from.

Time Turner said:
Sonia Nevermind said:
Time Turner said:
Sonia Nevermind said:

The single-player is a bit repetitive, rather short, and really linear, but can still be fun. I've logged a lot of hours into the multiplayer, and that's where I've been having the most fun. I get arrested all the time, but I still have fun doing it. Also, my name is wrathofelite. I'm the pony that you should have just received a request from.

I added you, i'm abit confused though how could you have logged so many hours into mulitplayer if the online community is gone.

Sonia Nevermind said:
Time Turner said:
Sonia Nevermind said:
Time Turner said:
Sonia Nevermind said:

I added you, i'm abit confused though how could you have logged so many hours into mulitplayer if the online community is gone.
Like I said, you are able to play against a bunch of computers instead of a bunch of players. That's where I've been spending all my time.

I figured out how to put AI in a multiplayer game, when you make the server check the box that says "Enable Shipmates"

And bam AIs.

The game is awesome too. I'm not all that good at the whole, not getting arrested thing though.

First game i ended with -7000 dollars. >.>

Back