Wii discs don't work

Koopayoshi

Shine Sprite
Alright my doesn't want to play game anymore. When a game is in it gives me an error message after 30 seconds. Anybody want to help me?

I've experienced the same problem. As far as I can tell, it's scratched beyond playable.

What does the error message say?

I had one a while back when playing Smash Bros and I had to send in my wii console and the game to Nintendo for it too work.....

Game Boy said:
Alright my doesn't want to play game anymore. When a game is in it gives me an error message after 30 seconds. Anybody want to help me?

my solutions: toothpaste, refund, or rub it around on your shirt

those always work for me

The Undertaker said:
Game Boy said:

those always work for me
That is just luck.

Most of those are awful.

Toothpaste doesn't usually work unless you do it right.

And your shirt just scratches it even more.

New Super Mario said:
The Undertaker said:
Game Boy said:

those always work for me
That is just luck.

Most of those are awful.

well, somehow someway those actually ALWAYS work for me

but you know, different things happen to different people

What game is it anyway? And does the error message happen just to that game or it happens universally?

New Super Mario said:
The Undertaker said:
Game Boy said:

those always work for me
That is just luck.

Most of those are awful.

The best method imo to clean a disk is to put rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball or something and apply it on the disk in a vertical motion (from the center of the disk to the outside). It has always worked for me.

It's not the discs I think because they work perfectly fined a week or two before. I think it's the disc reader itself.

keep trying

sometimes that happens to me

it doesn't work

then i try again and again

and it eventually works after two or three tries

and by try again i mean turn off and on the wii taking the disc in and out each time

New Super Mario said:
Game Boy said:
It's not the discs I think because they work perfectly fined a week or two before. I think it's the disc reader itself.
Well, it's probably your wii than.

Yeah, your Wii is damaged. Either send it to Nintendo to repair it or get a new one.

If you want to send your Wii to Nintendo, you should back up your data since when I did it, they gave me a brand spanking new Wii with absolutely no save data in it. Bittersweet, I know.

Wii U said:
Fix a Wii or get a Wii U

Silly, what happens if he wants to play GameCube games?

The Undertaker said:
or just wait for gamecube games to be released on the wii u

The problem is that he has to rebuy them

Back