The Dark Knight Trilogy

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Mario4Ever
In this thread, we can discuss Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises), whether it's the plot(s), the cast(s), the characters, how it compares to Batman canon in other media or to other Batman films, likes and dislikes, or anything else. I guess I'll start by saying that my favorite is Rises in terms of action sequences/major events/vehicles. In terms of characters and dialogue, my favorite is The Dark Knight, and since I can't think of anything else, Begins has the best use of Jonathan Crane.

I like how Nolan was more creative with movie titles, seeing as how most movies are called Batman (insert something cool sounding here)

Majin Buu said:
I like how Nolan was more creative with movie titles, seeing as how most movies are called Batman (insert something cool sounding here)
How is Batman Begins or The Dark Knight Rises a creative name?

I like The Dark Knight.

I like the Joker in that movie. He's a psycho genius.... almost like shoey's level of intelligence.

Super Buu said:
One problem I have is Batman's voice.

It's only really an issue for me when he gets angry, since then his voice is almost comical.

Nabber said:
How is Batman Begins or The Dark Knight Rises a creative name?

The first really isn't (I don't think Majin Buu's referring to Begins, though I guess the alliteration's nice :P), and the third only is in the context of the film, at least in my opinion.

Super Buu said:
I also didn't like how Scarecrow's part in Batman Begins wasn't big enough.
I actually wasn't really paying attention to Batman Begins, only the Dark Knight movies

Super Buu said:

I thought it was fine, though only because of al Ghul's role as Wayne's mentor.

Yes! I successfully predicted how it would end!

It helps if you've read The Dark Knight Returns.

Majin Buu said:
Super Buu said:
I actually wasn't really paying attention to Batman Begins, only the Dark Knight movies

You failed pretty hard then, man. Batman Begins was one of the best ones. It's part of the same trilogy as the Dark Knight movies and the things that happen in it are extremely important for the rest of the series... the climax of Dark Knight Rises must of been confusing if you hadn't paid attention to Batman Begins.

Super Buu said:

he made up for it by being incredibly badass and being the only villain to appear in all three movies

Anyway, these are my assessments of the three movies:

Batman Begins
Primary Villain (Ra's Al Ghul): 9/10
Secondary Villain (Scarecrow): 10/10
Plot: 9/10

Dark Knight
Primary Villain (Joker): 10/10
Secondary Villain (Two-Face): 8/10
Plot: 8/10

Dark Knight Rises
Primary Villain (Bane): 9/10
Secondary Villain (Catwoman): 9/10
Plot: 10/10

Looking back at the secondary villains, does anyone else think Two-Face was an afterthought compared to the roles played by Scarecrow and Catwoman, or even just in general (though Scarecrow's a special case)? I know that the important thing was to flesh out Dent, but as Two-Face, he barely does anything, though I guess the little he does is symbolic plot-wise.

Byakuya Togami said:
Looking back at the secondary villains, does anyone else think Two-Face was an afterthought compared to the roles played by Scarecrow and Catwoman, or even just in general (though Scarecrow's a special case)? I know that the important thing was to flesh out Dent, but as Two-Face, he barely does anything, though I guess the little he does is symbolic plot-wise.

Two-Face was probably the worst-portrayed villain in the series. I'm glad he was included, though, because the whole "corrupting-the-pure" theme of Dark Knight fits well with the character.

I'll probably go see The Dark Knight Rises soon. From what I've heard it's better than Batman Begins but not as good as The Dark Knight.

Troy & Abed in the Morning said:
Two-Face was probably the worst-portrayed villain in the series. I'm glad he was included, though, because the whole "corrupting-the-pure" theme of Dark Knight fits well with the character.

That's true.

Super Buu said:
I'll probably go see The Dark Knight Rises soon. From what I've heard it's better than Batman Begins but not as good as The Dark Knight.

That depends on how you define "better." I think Rises is better plot-wise (especially if you've seen Begins), and in a way, Bane's a better villain than the Joker.

Spider-Man said:
Catwoman isnt a villian!,im sure she wasnt

Well, she's not really a hero.

spoilers rises was pretty *bleep*ing awesome, though it started getting just plain *bleep*ing stupid towards the ending, including the bane fight (*bleep*ing catwoman kills bane i mean what the *bleep* and with one shot even), the supposed PLOT TWIST!1111 (no one cared about her character she was just there until the end, i mean who gave a *bleep* she was the villain) and the ridiculous cliched oh I survived the bomb dont worry guys thing almost ruined it all for me

Super Buu said:
Just a question. What other villains do you guys think could've been worked into this series?

I think Harley quinn could have fitted,with the joker being in it an all

and i have enjoyed nolan series,i havent see TDKR yet though

harley quinn couldve been cool

i was thinking of the riddler being included at first with the same crazed personality the joker featured, but then I figued itd be almost as if theyd be trying to outdo or compare to what they did with the last movie so no

Paper Jorge said:
harley quinn couldve been cool

i was thinking of the riddler being included at first with the same crazed personality the joker featured, but then I figued itd be almost as if theyd be trying to outdo or compare to what they did with the last movie so no

As long if it isnt a cheesyfied as Jim Carrery potrayal

NAH MAN you cant diss jim carrey at his finest no matter how horrible the movie was

Back