Author Topic: Adventure Time (spoilers)  (Read 5168 times)

Smashgoom202

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Super Smash Matt
Adventure Time (spoilers)
« on: February 16, 2012, 03:26:50 PM »
Could have SWORN there was an Adventure Time topic before this... :???:

Anyway, WHAT TIME IS IT?!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Jvk6__23I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Jvk6__23I</a>

A show about Finn the human boy and his best friend and bro, Jake the (magic) dog, going on adventures, having fun times, with supporting cast including including the smart and sassy Princess Bubblegum, the lovely Lady Rainicorn, the sociopathic princess-nabber Ice King, the cute little computer pet thing BMO, the amoral chaotic Marceline the Vampire Queen, and of course, everyone's favorite, the Lumpy Space Princess. :P

So yeah, awesome show, funny stuff, and the season 3 finale just premiered a few days ago, with season 4 right around the corner...

You know, I just want to take the time to talk about what I thought about the finale, because it sort of helps support why this is a good show.

So basically, Finn is all mopey and emo because he feels that for as much as he loves Princess Bubblegum, the fact that she's older than him and just not interested is really getting to him.  Jake decides to find him another girl his age, when
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  Really, the only game-changing, shocking twist to this season finale is what happened at the very end, as in, the LITERAL last line spoken before it cuts to a commercial.  It goes by so fast that the fact that the one line is even said might not register completely and it takes you aback simply for that.

The big one-line?

THAT'S awesome, and THAT'S why I love this show, because despite it's weird setting, outrageous creatures, non-sequitor one-liners, and outright BIZARRE plotlines, it's STILL a well-written show with a lot of thought and character development put into it!

Also, I freaking love the Ice King.  Freaking hystarical, that guy is!

Nabber

• Resident Cinephile
  • Donkey Kong
  • Draw me like one of your French Companion Cubes.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Time (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 03:27:38 PM »
I am not particularly attracted to baseball caps, but I'm sure if I made out with one enough times, I'd probably stop feeling like an idiot who makes out with headwear over time.

Dorumon

• Thief of Light
  • Star Spirit
  • Always better than NSY at everything in the Galaxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 03:29:39 PM »
I watched ocean of fear

Smashgoom202

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Super Smash Matt
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 03:41:52 PM »
I watched ocean of fear
It's interesting that Finn actually DOESN'T overcome his fear of the ocean, but rather just accepts that he's afraid, and goes on with his life.  That's pretty grown up, and another small hint at just how well thought-out this show is.

New Super Mario

• NSM
  • Mafia Hosts Guild
  • Celestial Guide
  • Hyped for Smash.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 05:31:11 PM »
Finally someone who loves this show as much as I do. I had an LSP avatar a while ago. She's one of my favorites.

love the random humor

Goombella

• Smileymiley5001 on the wiki
  • King Bowser
  • Mieu mieu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 06:19:48 PM »
Oh, this is one of the better shows on Cartoon Network. Trashes Regular Show and Flapjack and the like. Billy and Mandy is still the best show ever created in the history of television though.

The Great and Powerful Trixie has spoken!

Smashgoom202

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Super Smash Matt
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 06:54:47 PM »
I liked Flapjack. :'(

Also, Thorup Van Orman, Flapjack's creator, storyboards the show, and is the voice of the Tree Witch that wanted beautiful hair.

Goombella

• King Bowser
  • Mieu mieu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 07:01:35 PM »
Meh, I never got into Flapjack. Also, I meant to say Chowder, not Regular Show. RS is classy.

Smashgoom202

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Super Smash Matt
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 07:42:37 PM »
Chowder is FREAKING HILARIOUS!

Regular Show...  It's okay, but I can't help but feel that the only thing remarkable about it is that it's trying to do everything it can to seem weird and offbeat, which given how ALL of Cartoon Network's shows are weird and offbeat, makes it pretty insubstantial.

Not that it doesn't have it's moments, particularly the whole "Internet" episode.

Goombella

• King Bowser
  • Mieu mieu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 07:52:41 PM »
I suppose in all fairness we are allowed our opinions. Plus I am still a season behind you Yanks with my British channels. So maybe, my opinion will change. Also which one was the Internet one as I remember several of them.

Pandapowah

• The Grand Xióngmāo
  • King Bowser
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 11:10:28 PM »
I love how the show actually has a pretty developed background story into it, both the characters and the setting.
I wish to see more of Flame Princess, I never liked the age gap between Finn and PB.

Incendium was the season finale right?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:12:06 PM by Pandapowah »

Smashgoom202

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Super Smash Matt
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 03:11:02 PM »
I think so...

And yeah, I like how the show DOES have it's own internal logic, and there actually IS some kind of explanation about what the land of Ooo is.

Seto Kaiba

• Are you trying to tell me that Yugi and I are destined to PLAY CARD GAMES with each other for eternity? Best. Destiny. Ever.
  • Mafia Hosts Guild
  • Donkey Kong
  • IM THE CHESS PRINCE! KNEEL BEFORE THE CHESS PRINCE
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 11:24:23 PM »
I think so...

And yeah, I like how the show DOES have it's own internal logic, and there actually IS some kind of explanation about what the land of Ooo is.

Yeah, there are some weird theories out there, but I don't think it was ever mentioned.....
Anyways, the first time I saw a commercial for Adventure Time, I thought it was the most stupid show ever.  Now it's one of my favorites.  I love almost everything about it, including how it takes advantage of its PG rating.  Unfortunately, many episodes are Hit or Miss, meaning that it will be a beyond awesome episode, or an utter failure.  The newest one was miss, although both Finn and Jake's songs were pretty cool. 
I feel all warmed up inside.  I feel all warmed up inside.  I feel all warmed up ins-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-ide
, and yes, there is that many i's.  In fact, most singing are pretty awesome.  The best one of them all:  Marceline's Fry Song from It Came From the Nightosphere.

Good luck Anser!!

^Click here to^
^    sign up    ^
Ask me gr8 questions

Smashgoom202

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Super Smash Matt
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 02:29:15 PM »
I think so...

Yeah, there are some weird theories out there, but I don't think it was ever mentioned.....
The thing in the spoiler is what Pendleton Ward said, and when you look at the opening title sequence and during certain parts of the show, you can see that it might be true.

Seto Kaiba

• Are you trying to tell me that Yugi and I are destined to PLAY CARD GAMES with each other for eternity? Best. Destiny. Ever.
  • Mafia Hosts Guild
  • Donkey Kong
  • IM THE CHESS PRINCE! KNEEL BEFORE THE CHESS PRINCE
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 08:20:50 PM »
I think so...

The thing in the spoiler is what Pendleton Ward said, and when you look at the opening title sequence and during certain parts of the show, you can see that it might be true.

Yeah, that one-and-a-half second scene before the Ice King's Kingdom.  I've studied that second so much...

Good luck Anser!!

^Click here to^
^    sign up    ^
Ask me gr8 questions

Smashgoom202

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Super Smash Matt
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 08:05:37 PM »

Agent Venom

• A man's venom poisons himself more than his victim.
  • Luma
  • ...I've been looking forward to it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 09:09:00 PM »
Meh, I never got into Flapjack. Also, I meant to say Chowder, not Regular Show. RS is classy.
You better. I was just about to defend RS for a second there. But I found Chowder to be pretty funny as well.

Anyways, I love this show.

Smashgoom202

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Super Smash Matt
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 03:46:02 PM »
Hey guess what?  An Adventure Time game for the Nintendo DS is in development:

https://twitter.com/#!/buenothebear/status/183037075510132736

...If this link doesn't work, doesn't worry, it doesn't work for me either...  But here's some concept art to make up for it!

It's being made by WayForward who also made the Mighty Milky Way, Mighty Switch Force, and Shantae: Risky's Revenge.

Smashgoom202

• Retired Wiki Staff
  • Dry Bowser
    • View Profile
    • Super Smash Matt
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 09:55:57 PM »
*BUMP*  Who saw the new season premiere tonight? 

Koopa Kid

• Master Koopakid
  • Shine Sprite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 02:07:21 PM »
That last episode sucked.